What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It's like contacting your textbooks.. but on a car. It's marketed as paint protection but it also can change the look of the car- it's pretty much what you posted up with the R35. Only problem for me is my car is kinda boring (i.e. it's a C class and it's not an AMG) so I'd be worried I look like a turd for wrapping a stock car.

These are the guys I usually use: http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/

They also have my Evo on there somewhere.
Ahh I see - it makes sense when you think about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting it done to your car. It's the sort of car that's going to turn heads regardless of whether it's modified. I say go for it.

Damn some of those cars on the link you posted are nice. I'm not much of a fan of these:

But that looks awesome. The white IS-F also looks really good (even if it's a minor job on the spoiler). Always had a soft spot for them.

Bendent

HSC
u mean your parents picked up u asian FUck
nah that only applies to asians in asia with no skills and independence.

p.s. seremify: if it was me i'd get porsche or those sport car brands not old people car brand like benz.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh I see - it makes sense when you think about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting it done to your car. It's the sort of car that's going to turn heads regardless of whether it's modified. I say go for it.

Damn some of those cars on the link you posted are nice. I'm not much of a fan of these:

But that looks awesome. The white IS-F also looks really good (even if it's a minor job on the spoiler). Always had a soft spot for them.
ROFL that's my friend's 135i. The stuff that Mike (Carbon Demon) has done on some of the show cars like the Jaguars (which is used in their advertising now) looks epic. For me my question is whether I go for matte or satin black.

p.s. seremify: if it was me i'd get porsche or those sport car brands not old people car brand like benz.
LOL well I already had the Evo X, and I wasn't that into racing anymore... so I went for something stable which my girlfriend can drive too. Besides, I'll be overseas next year for work so having a reliable car with hassle free maintenance (Mercedes pick it up/drop it off for you) was what I wanted. Even tempted to use the Mercedes drive-in/drop-off service at the airport for corporate customers.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
ROFL that's my friend's 135i. The stuff that Mike (Carbon Demon) has done on some of the show cars like the Jaguars (which is used in their advertising now) looks epic. For me my question is whether I go for matte or satin black.
LOL it actually turned out really good. Are you talking about this Jag http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/matte-black/jaguar-xkr-stealth ?

Satin black sounds good but I think I'm in love with the matte. Just looks so damn good. I wonder if it's been done on the Merc somewhere

LOL well I already had the Evo X, and I wasn't that into racing anymore... so I went for something stable which my girlfriend can drive too. Besides, I'll be overseas next year for work so having a reliable car with hassle free maintenance (Mercedes pick it up/drop it off for you) was what I wanted. Even tempted to use the Mercedes drive-in/drop-off service at the airport for corporate customers.
That sounds awesome. Are you going on secondment?

I'm hoping to apply for an internship overseas next year now that I'm almost sure that I'll be at uni for an extra year. May as well put it to good use.

Edit whoops - may be taking this thread a little off topic lol

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL it actually turned out really good. Are you talking about this Jag http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/matte-black/jaguar-xkr-stealth ?

Satin black sounds good but I think I'm in love with the matte. Just looks so damn good. I wonder if it's been done on the Merc somewhere
I've seen matte black but satin is the new matte! I'll have a think about it but I do like how satin is a little bit shinier than very dull matte. My roof on the Evo was satin.

This is a matte black I found on a forum:

Note: old C Class but close enough

That sounds awesome. Are you going on secondment?

I'm hoping to apply for an internship overseas next year now that I'm almost sure that I'll be at uni for an extra year. May as well put it to good use.

Edit whoops - may be taking this thread a little off topic lol
And yep I'll be moving to the New York office and my parents kindly offered to take care of my car! =_=" ps. This thread was never going to be fully on topic.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've seen matte black but satin is the new matte! I'll have a think about it but I do like how satin is a little bit shinier than very dull matte. My roof on the Evo was satin.

And yep I'll be moving to the New York office and my parents kindly offered to take care of my car! =_=" ps. This thread was never going to be fully on topic.
That looks fantastic. I think satin would actually suit the car pretty well too.

That's awesome. How long are you going to be there if you don't mind me asking?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That looks fantastic. I think satin would actually suit the car pretty well too.

That's awesome. How long are you going to be there if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I'm thinking satin looks better because matte is a bit too dull/difficult to see... but will think about it. Might even do a bit of both :S

And I'm only going to NYC for 3 months so they'll put me in a serviced apartment in the city.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Just did a quick google search of few cars with satin black and I can see why you'd prefer it. I think I even prefer it actually. Looks more vibrant than plain old matte, but it still has that wow factor.

NYC sounds fantastic. One of the perks of the job :)

Last edited:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

I think I actually prefer the look of that Merc stock, without the fancy vinyl wrap. If I were to get one though, I'd buy a standard E92 M3 and have the wrap matte in the same colour as "Frozen Grey".

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
After thinking about it, and even considering matte white and matte silver, I've decided to stick to matte black.

Now all I need is to pass CA this Friday and then I"ll celebrate by getting the car wrapped!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
After thinking about it, and even considering matte white and matte silver, I've decided to stick to matte black.

Now all I need is to pass CA this Friday and then I"ll celebrate by getting the car wrapped!
Either choice would look fantastic on the Merc. You can't go wrong.

Good luck. Be sure to keep us posted on what you end up doing. :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

Noice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)