What case studies are you doing? (1 Viewer)

Tree

Case Study.......Anybody know anything??

I was just wondering whether anybody was doing "The Bush Legend" for their case study...................We've been doing it for ages now, but I'm still not entirely sure where the heck I'm meant to be going with it..........Any suggestions, notes, info would be greatly appreciated

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
i do teti anyone else doing it? i mean im floundering with tons of notes and not the foggest idea on what the debate is! HELP! i some how scored 8/10 on my trials but that won't work in the hsc, i just wrote everything i remebered! help would be good...really good

wyte_tygrr

I'm doing Kennedy, like half all extension history students it seems...:p
Has anyone actually LEARNT anything?! :confused:

malayz_angel

Wow Shelley, you get to do Teti! That was my dream.... I was going to try and do it for my project because I thought it sounded different and interesting but I couldn't find any decent info...at least not in English....ended up with Ned Kelly bleahhhhhhhhhhhh

vivien

napoleon......................................exciting stuff *cough cough*

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I'm doing JFK. I have learned quite a bit about the Vietnam War, Missile Crisis and the man himself. I found it pretty interesting actually... made me stay up for those early history ext. class sessions at 7:30am. Watch Thirteen Days if you want to have more of an idea on the portrayal of Kennedy's personality in the media... apparently if you mention it in ur essay markers will be pleased.

Katgurl

we are studying Tacitus as a case study, it is good because it backs up our work in two unit coz we are doing Augustus and Agrippina

napoleon.
and rather lost.
anyone willing to swap notes (as late as this is...) focusing on political/administrative leadership, extent of reforms in france/europe and ideas of revolutionary france. got stuff from rude, ellis, and a couple of infocus articles. oh, and that pbs documentary.

arls

we did kennedy.... i lurrrvveedd it! dont think i woulda eva done well in this subject if we hadnt done Kennedy. He is so interesting and the historians who wrote on him have the most diverse accounts you could imagine! this has been my favourite topic of every subject!

amyb

I'm doing Convict women in NSW....bloody thrilling...if you're a brick! I seriously cannot imagine doing anything more utterly BORING...

mal

We are doing frontier conflict. It is surprisingly interesting as our case study is literally progressing as we speak. Windchuttle is in the middle of his trilogy of The Fabrication of Aboriginal History and Reynolds and Manne have just released a book whose sole purpose is to refute Windschuttles. Every weekend or so someone writes and opinion piece on this topic so we have too much releevant information to write about. For those next year, seriously consider doing this, it is staright forward easily understandable, information prevalent plus not many people do it so the examiners would be more lenient to marking.

Nelsonian

HSC
N/A
We are doing Western Imperialism. It fits in well with WW1, Japan 1901-37 and the Pacific War. It also has a good link, via its anti colonialism components, with History Wars. We just did an extensive task relating to a document in which Windshuttle provides a particularly good spin defending Western Imperialism...he should seek his rewards working for Bush as chief Spin Doctor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)