What certificate is better (1 Viewer)

Bazzi135

HSC
UNSW or USYD ?, beacuse people always say they are the best two but which one is better i guess =)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
In terms of traditional perceptions, UNSW is probably seen as the best u'grad med course in Australia, with USYD up there for post grad but maybe a bit behind Melbourne or ANU.
lol. those are pretty clueless assumptions. have u even researched on graduate med? USYD is not considered the one of the best for graduate medicine. it has lagged behind in the last couple of years. if u ask a random off the street, most would say USYD is the best. if u asked some1 who actually knew anything about med, u will get a completely different opinion.
ANU is no where near the top. they only established their med school a few years ago and the first cohort graduated only last year.

no1 can really give you an accurate answer. UNSW and Monash are considered the 2 best for undergrad med. which one is better depends whether ur asking a victorian or NSWer because neither knows very much about the other.

at the end of the day, its all the same. you acquire the same knowledge and u get to become a doctor. if you really care about the prestige or where ur certificate comes from then u probably arent doing it for the right reasons.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Read what I said fool, traditional views...
traditional views included the ANU med school which only graduated its first cohort 2 years ago? and UMelb? one of the best grad med schools when it only changed from undergrad to grad 2 years ago? ur just contradicting urself. ur including graduate medical schools that have been established 2 years ago in the "traditional" category.

no offence, but i really dont like people who get into medicine and are only a few months into the course and think they know everything, even about graduate medicine.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Oh for fuck sake seriously not this shit again.
The man's got a point.

No medical school can be regarded to be better or worser than any other. It's guarded by the AMA regulations.

I think the best way to view this is to simply choose a medical school based on your scores. We'll all graduate with an mbbs anyway, no patient is going to decide that he won't see this doc and that doc becos he graduated from UWS or unsw!

lifequest

HSC
How about an ice breaker between the Doc's?

Free cookies? No?
Chill you two. You both make very good points.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
The problem plauging this forum is you attacking anyone who implies a med school may be better then yours. Seriously, you are a uni student, don't you have anything better to do with your time?
ur missing the point. i post on these forums so that students/med hopefuls who want accurate information are not misled by ignorant f**ks like urself. seriously, ur 4 months into the course and already making clueless statements (as i pointed out before).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)