What chance for peace if every critic must die? (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
I think the pope incident and that danish cartoon incident have a silver lining because they heighten the contradictions between a religion with a very strong illberal streak and liberal western society.

As for the PC clowns who say it's a "tiny minority" this "tiny minority" is in power in Iran, would win elections in Egypt, won elections than participated in a bloody civil war in algeria, is a major threat to musharaff, rules the palestinian territores etc. Sounds like a minority movement to me.

Last edited:

360flip

HSC
N/A
man it;s funny some nun got killed in somalia because some old guy in white rags talked shit! the world works in stranges ways!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wheredanton said:
What chance do we ever have for a harmonious world if those who criticise dogma are savaged.
Absolutely no chance. Unfortunately there are too many hardline muslims out there who can't handle the existence of anyone who has a different belief. I consider it only a matter of time before we end up with a full scale war, western countries lead by the US against extemist muslims and the governments they control.

Certainly if there is another 9/11 like attack the US will bomb the middle east until there is nothing left.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Absolutely no chance. Unfortunately there are too many hardline muslims out there who can't handle the existence of anyone who has a different belief. I consider it only a matter of time before we end up with a full scale war, western countries lead by the US against extemist muslims and the governments they control.

Certainly if there is another 9/11 like attack the US will bomb the middle east until there is nothing left.
unfortunately there are dickheads, who know there are lot hardline muslims and still continue to anger for no specific reason.

The pope had reasont to piss off the muslims whatsoever - stupid comments have stupid results.

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
unfortunately there are dickheads, who know there are lot hardline muslims and still continue to anger for no specific reason.

The pope had reasont to piss off the muslims whatsoever - stupid comments have stupid results.
So what western politicans, religious leaders, newspapers should censor themselves in case these nutcakes take offence? That's a form of blackmail: "Don't say things or draw thinigs that we disagree with or violence will be the result". What if other groups started adopting the same MO? The jews cop a lot of crap in a lot of western countries as far as cartoons etc. go and people comparing them to nazis. Obviously they should start making threats etc. against people who make those comments as that seems to work.

If they want to live in a country like that they should live in the shitholes that share their views on freedom of speech: Pakistan, egypt, somalia, sudan etc.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
HotShot said:

So no one is allowed to comment on anything Islam anymore because it makes the muslims angry? No other religion is immune to criticism so why should Islam be?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
banco55 said:
So what western politicans, religious leaders, newspapers should censor themselves in case these nutcakes take offence? That's a form of blackmail: "Don't say things or draw thinigs that we disagree with or violence will be the result". What if other groups started adopting the same MO? The jews cop a lot of crap in a lot of western countries as far as cartoons etc. go and people comparing them to nazis. Obviously they should start making threats etc. against people who make those comments as that seems to work.
tell me whats the point of saying stupid things? honestly he is the pope, he is expected to say sensible things ina sensible manner and if he cant do that then what do u expect?

its not blackmailing. an apology is required and an apology should have been stated clearly and immediately.

what cartoons, have u heard of any jewish cartoons in the media?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It's a shame really that 99.5% of the Pope's speech was a great essay (that he'd actually wrote years earlier and no one seemed to care) about the role of reason in religion and why violence is not compatible with religion, but one quote got this reaction.

It's likely that most of the protesting Muslims have in fact not read any of the speech, and were most likely told by their clerics that it contained more offensive content towards Muslims than it actually did (based on similar happenings with the Danish cartoons, anyway).

HotShot

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
So no one is allowed to comment on anything Islam anymore because it makes the muslims angry? No other religion is immune to criticism so why should Islam be?
there are ways to criticise, to comment and to dispute. just like there are ways to ride a bicycle and a car etc.

if u dont things in the right way you get fucked, thats the message that is being sent across. there was no need for such comments. and it no way criticises islam? its pure ly stupid.

and ur saying the that these muslims have no right to ask for an apology? or to criticise the pope?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
HotShot said:
and ur saying the that these muslims have no right to ask for an apology? or to criticise the pope?
I am saying they have no right to burn down churches and kill people.

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
tell me whats the point of saying stupid things? honestly he is the pope, he is expected to say sensible things ina sensible manner and if he cant do that then what do u expect?

its not blackmailing. an apology is required and an apology should have been stated clearly and immediately.

what cartoons, have u heard of any jewish cartoons in the media?

There does'nt have to be a point (or you don't have to agree with the point anyway). Lots of politicians etc. say stuff everyday in australia, uk that people consider stupid. It's not a precondition in free societies that speech be sensible.

As to what did he expect? given that he's dealing with mulims he should have been expecting violence and mayhem I guess. Are you honestly suggesting if he had said something nasty about the protestants or the jews they'd be threatening violence etc.?

I can think of two off the top of my head the well known leunig one on auschwitz and the guardian one of Sharon eating jewish children.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
and that is exactly what the muslims aren't doing
firstyl i never said that the muslims were doing the right thing, alll i am saying is that the pope did the wrong thing.

There does'nt have to be a point (or you don't have to agree with the point anyway). Lots of politicians etc. say stuff everyday in australia, uk that people consider stupid. It's not a precondition in free societies that speech be sensible.
its not a precondition, but its common sense. u wont expect the prime minister to come out say, thats jew are too wealthy.

in a free society you can say anything u want. but u will suffer the consequences, people are not going to take shit. the point is, there is way to say things, and it is important if ur person that hold some responsibilty to say things in the right way.
if some idiot walking along the street said what the pope said, no one would have given a shit about it, the media wouldnt ever bother about it. its the significance that matters.

robbie1

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
It's a shame really that 99.5% of the Pope's speech was a great essay (that he'd actually wrote years earlier and no one seemed to care) about the role of reason in religion and why violence is not compatible with religion, but one quote got this reaction.

It's likely that most of the protesting Muslims have in fact not read any of the speech, and were most likely told by their clerics that it contained more offensive content towards Muslims than it actually did (based on similar happenings with the Danish cartoons, anyway).

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
firstyl i never said that the muslims were doing the right thing, alll i am saying is that the pope did the wrong thing.

its not a precondition, but its common sense. u wont expect the prime minister to come out say, thats jew are too wealthy.

in a free society you can say anything u want. but u will suffer the consequences, people are not going to take shit. the point is, there is way to say things, and it is important if ur person that hold some responsibilty to say things in the right way.
if some idiot walking along the street said what the pope said, no one would have given a shit about it, the media wouldnt ever bother about it. its the significance that matters.
Suffer the consequences = violence when muslims are concerned I assume? As I mentioned people take shit every day from politicans and public figures in the west and don't get violent.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
banco55 said:
Suffer the consequences = violence when muslims are concerned I assume? As I mentioned people take shit every day from politicans and public figures in the west and don't get violent.
are u sure they dont violent? wasnt it russell crowe who threw a phone at a dude?.. just cus the media doesnt focus doesnt mean it doesnt happen. there was recent shooting canada look at the up. wat about the colorado shootings?.. etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)