What course require a lot of writing? (1 Viewer)

failedtrials

HSC
Title may have been pretty unclear. Which courses require skillful writing and need students to produce essays in large amounts with quality?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Whenever you write an essay I'd hope that it's of a high quality lol. Anyways, regarding the question, courses can have majors that require little writing (I believe finance is one of these as it is quite maths based, but I haven't actually done it yet so could be wrong) and there can be majors that require a lot of writing (e.g. management). There are some courses that don't require too much writing relative to how much work they do no matter what major you choose e.g. engineering and probably science as well (there will of course be the odd lab report or whatever that needs to be written, but those aren't really essays).

rogery

HSC
Every course will often have require amount of writing, mostly in the form of assignments. But, courses and subjects relating to arts, law, and some areas of commerce (i.e. management, marketing) will have many assessments particularly in the form of written essays instead of exams. Hope that helps!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
computer science

almost no writing on paper

but you'll be writing code and compiler complaining 4 dayzzz

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Everything but sciencey type I guess
There are a lot of science majors which require strong writing, especially in the form of reports or research papers (would argue the vast majority)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Maybe. I just want to avoid it as much as I can.
you will never be successful if you cant communicate well in writing

just do the course you want and use teh tasks that involve writing as an opportunity to improve on your skills

and try keeping a daily journal to practice writing every day

Last edited:

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Rather than shy away from this problem, I think you should try to tackle it.

Consider what you'd like to do most, irrespective of how much writing is involved. If it's lots, so be it, practice your ass off you'll get better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)