what courses are ppl doing at uni? (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
I have 9 choices but my top 4 are

B Arts (international Relations) @ ANU - 90ish <------- Should get in

B International Studies @ Maquarie - New Course

B Arts International Studies / B Communication (Journalism) @ Uni of Canberra - 78ish

B Arts (then I wil choose 2 major in international relations) @ ANU - 85ish

success

HSC
Bachaelor of Business (Property) at UWS hopefully.

Only needs a UAI of 70.05 (hopefully that won't go up!).

So if i put my head down for the next 3 exams i should be right cos i didn't do as bad in Maths as i thought i would! lol

And if i stop coming on here!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sikeveo said:
I know its harsh, in a sense i'm choosing a near dead end degree, however i intend to complete further post grad/grad studies. Whereas I dont see where ppl will go with an arts degree?

Enlighten me, im ignorant.
LOL. Vel, you need to be more open-minded. A degree may be dead-ended in that it only allows you to get a job in a very specific niche, however that doesn't mean the person is destined for a dead end. First of all the person can easily learn new skills through another degree (anywhere from 1 to 4 years in duration), and even if they don't do another degree, they can still easily learn new skills or apply their current ones to another job.

Who gives a rat's arse about whether or not a degree caters to a very specific niche? If you enjoy it, what does it matter?

And I REALLY have no idea how you can call science a dead end degree. You can go anywhere with that - engineering, marketing, programming, teaching, etc.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. :p

HSC
anita_wax said:
they are 690 hour courses, have fun during your break.
690hrs each or total? there's 3 months holidays i can take 1 course then

Gummy_bear

HSC
Mine are all so i can become either an art teacher in high school or an early childhood teacher (year 0-8, which includes kindy and year 1)

Heres my preferences:

Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Fine Art at University of Newcastle

Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) at University of Newcastle

Bachelor of Art Education at University of New South Wales, College of Fine Arts

Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts (Secondary-Visual Arts) at ACU National

Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies at University of Newcastle

Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) at Charles Sturt University, Bathurst

Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts at University of Newcastle

redw0lf

A Member
HSC
1 Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce at University of New South Wales
2 Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
3 Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) at University of New South Wales

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
My main preferences are Journalism courses, hopefully at CSU or UTS, but I've got a bunch of easier courses to get into as well, (read - education)

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
each. 90x24 = 2160 hours
2160/690. 3.1 hours a day

im taking up networking cert 3 then diploma. and i will probably take the option of webdesign aswell @ tafe. all it courses are 690 hours...except from memory one is longer i think

HSC
anita_wax said:
each. 90x24 = 2160 hours
2160/690. 3.1 hours a day

im taking up networking cert 3 then diploma. and i will probably take the option of webdesign aswell @ tafe. all it courses are 690 hours...except from memory one is longer i think
I'd kill to do web/graphics design since I love making websites and graphics, but I'm too money hungry to do that :(

Jexi

HSC
Comm at UNSW (95.4 apparently. Def screwed)
Comm at USYD

The rest don't matter. :| Crap. So screwed.

Jexi

HSC
Casmira said:
I'd kill to do web/graphics design since I love making websites and graphics, but I'm too money hungry to do that :(
Amen. You're exactly like me. $$$

nwatts

HSC
Casmira said:
Have you thought of going to Billy Blue at all? I've been told that the graduates of their three-year degree are exposed to very well paying job opportunities. And while you're studying you can work as part of their professional graphic design company...

kkitty56

HSC
Ha yeah im screwed for most of the courses i wanna get in..
B Environmental Science UOW -85
B Science (physical Geography) UOW -83
B Science (environmental) USYD -78 (DFEE) -82(CSP)
then again i'll end up using my DFEE option of my USYD degree ahahaha sad ay..
having to buy my way in hahaha..
Hopefully they'll give me a lower cut off since im from a 'rural' school.. even tho the only rural thing about my town is that we have no water lol.. 20000 people and no water class me as a rural student ahaah pretty funny..

Meli_the_Pink

Pretty in Pink
HSC
nwatts said:
I've applied for the same courses as Tulipa. Creative writing at UOW, and a double with arts and creative writing.

My first pref is a double with communications/media (journalism) and creative writing (also at UOW), but it's more of a dream course, as I can't see myself getting the UAI needed to get into this particular degree. I've put it as number one to show my parents that I have motivation to get that 90UAI ;), although i'll be just as happy doing a creative writing degree on its own!
Myfirst pref is communications and creative arts at wollongong too but i wanna do advertising and preformance (in theatre production); slight contrast eh?

CA's people, when are your interviews? How you feeling about them, etc?

nwatts

HSC
Meli_the_Pink said:
Myfirst pref is communications and creative arts at wollongong too but i wanna do advertising and preformance (in theatre production); slight contrast eh?

CA's people, when are your interviews? How you feeling about them, etc?
My interview is on the 21st, which I'm weeping over, because it overlaps with schoolies. I'm writing a letter now to get them to change, but I don't like my chances.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
I'd kill to do web/graphics design since I love making websites and graphics, but I'm too money hungry to do that
web designers actually get paid pretty nice...not sure about the graphic side. but id say they get paid just as much as graphic designers/coders usually team it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)