What courses do I include on my Early Entry Application? (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
Heyyy,

So basically, I haven't exactly decided what I want to do after school but I have a fair idea that I'm willing to do something in medical/medicine. I was pretty good in Year 9 and Year 10 5.3 Maths (ranked top 3) but my marks dropped in Advanced Maths so it'll be hard to do some courses with that as a prerequisite as I moved to Standard Maths. I'm willing to do a bridging course though.

Also, I really liked Chemistry (dropped it tho because I wasn't performing as well as I wished I did) and I'm ehh with Bio. For the longest time, I was interested in doing Pharmacy but I'm not too sure at this current point in time.

Please send suggestions.

Thank you so much!!

hafsah_

HSC
u can still do pharmacy without math, my pharmacy friends (theyre still in first year tho) said that they only did math during week 1 and it was basic conversions/multiplicaiton or smth

but they said its all chem

do speech path with me 😍😍😍😍
I love chem and I may be able to do it but I'm not too sure what careers some courses can lead you to. Like obviously Bachelor of Pharmacy allows you to become a pharmacist, but what other job options are out there from other degrees yk.

I haven't really looked into speech pathology but ik many people in my grade are interested in it.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I love chem and I may be able to do it but I'm not too sure what careers some courses can lead you to. Like obviously Bachelor of Pharmacy allows you to become a pharmacist, but what other job options are out there from other degrees yk.

I haven't really looked into speech pathology but ik many people in my grade are interested in it.
is there any courses ur looking at specifically other than pharmacy

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Is speech path good? I've been having a crisis for the past week bc im not sure about the original course that I had my heart set on for the past 3 years.
i mean personally i love it even tho its sometimes hard, i might write a guide in my spare time

so far its detailed anatomy of the skull, jaw, throat/larynx/pharynx (kILL ME CANT DO THIS AND ITS GROSS), speech physics which can suck ass but its about hearing with some calculations, respiration which we havent started yet, linguistics (analysing sentences in a very detailed manner + a few other things), phonetics (memorising the IPA chart - bit hard but fun), a unit called health, behaviour and society but idk coz im still on week 1 but the assignments suck and my disability elective which is fun but too interactive for me

also the cadavers stink and theyre so ugly sorry

aqwerty13402

HSC
i mean personally i love it even tho its sometimes hard, i might write a guide in my spare time

so far its detailed anatomy of the skull, jaw, throat/larynx/pharynx (kILL ME CANT DO THIS AND ITS GROSS), speech physics which can suck ass but its about hearing with some calculations, respiration which we havent started yet, linguistics (analysing sentences in a very detailed manner + a few other things), phonetics (memorising the IPA chart - bit hard but fun), a unit called health, behaviour and society but idk coz im still on week 1 but the assignments suck and my disability elective which is fun but too interactive for me

that sounds cool lowkey. IM SO CONFLICTEDDDD. Rn im deliberating between Radiography, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
that sounds cool lowkey. IM SO CONFLICTEDDDD. Rn im deliberating between Radiography, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology
radiography has a lot of physics, i have friends doing all of them (i mean im doing speech) so if u have questions u can ask me so i can ask around

edit: actually @2xq does radiography if u have questions

aqwerty13402

HSC
radiography has a lot of physics, i have friends doing all of them (i mean im doing speech) so if u have questions u can ask me so i can ask around
oh my god i dont even do physics thats a bit of a worry. Stg God is telling me not to do radiography anymore. but tysm, i will def ask u if questions come up :))

...xD

HSC

Is the workload heavy, like compared to other degrees?

...xD

HSC
depends what ur comparing it to, its only the anatomy part thats hard, everything else is 😍
Lets say, in comparison to other stem degrees, for example computer science or an advanced science degree?

nzs

HSC
Nah not rly tbh which is what I'm stressing over rn
U should probs do business or commerce that’s what you seem good at that, better to be stuck w that than sciences which you seem to be not that interested unless you really want a future in pharmacy.

randomuser246

HSC
I was thinking of radiography or physio as well but I also have about 20 other options such as Paramedicine or secondary teaching or even maybe engineering. Anyone have any thought?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)