What courses should I enrol into? (1 Viewer)

so_what

HSC
Okay, so I am hoping to transfer from education to economics. To do this, the internal transfer program says you need a minimum wam of 70. My wam, including this semester, will be around 74-74.5.
My enrolment appointment is on the 12/12/2013 and I do not find out my transfer outcome until the 18/12/2013.
So my question is, when I go to enrol on the 12th, should I enrol in education courses or economics courses?
I'd hate to assume I got into economics, enrol in its courses, and then find out I did not make the cut... But I would also hate to get a shitty timetable (pardon my french).

Thoughts?

D94

HSC
N/A
You can change your course enrollments anytime up until 2 March 2014.

Halfasian

HSC
Enrol in Economics courses. Do your octangles / rectangles now to plan it out. Even if you don't get accepted which is usually unlikely, you can just enrol in the subjects regardless, then try again for Sem 2 next year. I decided to change mid way through semester 1 of my first year, couldn't change until the end of the first year, so I just enrolled in the subjects for my new degree in semester 2 that year.

so_what

HSC
Yeah I know I can enrol and unenrol and change things, but I want to have good times for tutes.

so_what

HSC
Yeah I think I will. If I don't get into economics though, I will cry cause I'm starting my 3rd year next year. Took me two years to realise I hated education... Go me...

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
PHP:
Yeah I think I will. If I don't get into economics though, I will cry cause I'm starting my 3rd year next year. Took me two years to realise I hated education... Go me...
I've considered education. What didn't you like about it?

so_what

HSC
It just wasn't for me. On my first prac, which was only really an observation with very limited teaching, I got to experience the classroom atmosphere and I just found it so boring. The 10 days I had to go made me want to cry every time as I just found it so boring and the idea of teaching made me want to quit uni.
No matter what anyone says, teaching is very very very hard. You need to love it to be able to do it successfully. Otherwise you will just end up hating life in general.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for explaining. I agree. I also think teaching should be a natural quality. I have experience working with children in tutoring and sometimes I come out of the job thinking, I hate children, so it's probably not right for me :p but it is a noble career!

so_what

HSC
Thanks for explaining. I agree. I also think teaching should be a natural quality. I have experience working with children in tutoring and sometimes I come out of the job thinking, I hate children, so it's probably not right for me :p but it is a noble career!
I too tutored. I didn't quite like it, but it is about 35x worse in an actual classroom. So yeah, if you do not enjoy tutoring, I do not recommend even considering teaching.
Yep, I have enormous respect for teachers now that I see how hard it is!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
It just wasn't for me. On my first prac, which was only really an observation with very limited teaching, I got to experience the classroom atmosphere and I just found it so boring. The 10 days I had to go made me want to cry every time as I just found it so boring and the idea of teaching made me want to quit uni.
No matter what anyone says, teaching is very very very hard. You need to love it to be able to do it successfully. Otherwise you will just end up hating life in general.
It's definitely a tough job despite what people say. Teachers truly deserve respect (even if they aren't the greatest) as it takes a lot of passion to teach.

It's also the reason I don't enjoy tutoring despite the many opportunities available. Don't think teaching is for me :(

All the best with your transfer :)

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
Enrol into economics subjects. I have been assured by ASB staff that as long as you meet the WAM requirement of the transfer, you're in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)