• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what degree can i do with 70s atar that is similar to law (1 Viewer)

jane1820

HSC
if already know this much about the HSC, I think you might even get above 90. When I was in year 10 I knew jackshit about this stuff.
Maybe but im just a lazy person in general
i showed up to my science - physics exam without even studying n got a b (dont have my mark)
i showed up to my commerce half yearly without even studying n got 23/30 ( a b grade)
n for math i do a couple of practice questions (not papers) the day before n get an A (my whole yr average is 91%)
so im like a capable student just not bothered studying bc im lazy i have ability just not the motivation if ykwim?
n if like lazy in yr 10 imagine how i would be like in senior yrs 😭

studentr325

HSC
1. You have a little over two weeks until your first HSC exam. Do not accept defeat. The exam is worth 50% of your final mark - that is massive. Turn those Band 4s into Band 5s and those Band 5s into Band 6s. Traffic-light each syllabus dot point (highlight red if you haven't the foggiest idea, orange if you have a general idea and green if you're all good - focus on red, then orange). Or, write a base essay and try adapting it to different questions. Then, PRACTICE PAPERS and send to your teachers/smart friends/forums for feedback.

2. Look on the UAC's website

Law at some of the less prestigious unis (Australian Catholic, Newcastle or Charles Sturt) can have selection ranks as low as 62. Hope is not lost. You can always transfer to a better uni.

No one will ever tell you that your ATAR is too high. Get to work. Now.

liamkk112

HSC
i showed up to my science - physics exam without even studying n got a b (dont have my mark)
i showed up to my commerce half yearly without even studying n got 23/30 ( a b grade)
n for math i do a couple of practice questions (not papers) the day before n get an A (my whole yr average is 91%)
so im like a capable student just not bothered studying bc im lazy i have ability just not the motivation if ykwim?
yeh but year 10 is not immensly hard

if u focus up a bit more in senior years you'll be fine lol

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
1. You have a little over two weeks until your first HSC exam. Do not accept defeat. The exam is worth 50% of your final mark - that is massive. Turn those Band 4s into Band 5s and those Band 5s into Band 6s. Traffic-light each syllabus dot point (highlight red if you haven't the foggiest idea, orange if you have a general idea and green if you're all good - focus on red, then orange). Or, write a base essay and try adapting it to different questions. Then, PRACTICE PAPERS and send to your teachers/smart friends/forums for feedback.

2. Look on the UAC's website

Law at some of the less prestigious unis (Australian Catholic, Newcastle or Charles Sturt) can have selection ranks as low as 62. Hope is not lost. You can always transfer to a better uni.

No one will ever tell you that your ATAR is too high. Get to work. Now.
thank u i will do my best!!!!!

roseviolett

HSC
maybe something in the realm of social work? it's not completely related but its generally a lower atar requirement!

iloveeggs

HSC
i was exactly like you in y10 and kind of in y11 too but now that y11 is over id like to smth a teacher told me when we were talking abt me going into y12.

its not chill to not study for smth bc you have done well in it in the past or bc you think you are capable. sorry if this sounds really harsh but its important to know bc at the end of the day your capabilities wont mean much bc its the ppl that work their ass off, maybe even harder than you, that will always be ranked up top. if you really think abt it when you are relying on our capabilities to carry you through exams you are taking a gamble with your marks and you wouldn't do that type of stuff in y12 if you really cared abt your hsc. yeah you might do well bc you're smart but you also might flop if you forgot smth really important, but if you wanted it bad enough you would not want to take the chance of flopping a test or not revising stuff and hoping it doesn't show up.

so getting the motivation to study in senior years is really a matter of asking yourself "do i care abt my marks enough to not want to risk getting a bad mark?" and if you do care its abt putting in the hard work and studying until you are satisfied you are ready for your exam

having a goal seriously helps too, so id seriously sit down for maybe like 10 minutes and think abt what kind of an atar you want and maybe go to an atar calculator, enter your subjects in and toggle with the marks to get that atar (roughly speaking if you want 90+ or closer to 95 you have to band 6 almost all of your subjects) and just set a goal so you know thats what you're going for. and think of y11 as a trial run for the hsc and just try your best. try out new study techniques and see what works etc so you wont have the same issues in y12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)