What did everyone do for their projects? (1 Viewer)

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
congrats to all the people who got full marks for your project, thats excellent!!
what did everyone do for their projects?

HannieStar

how the gendered construct of historical study has impacted on the historical experience of women- v. blah

psycho_mushy

HSC
meh... I got 70% but I did film and historical sources comparison of china during the boxer rebellion...

serves me right with that mark, I left it till the very very last week.... :( and I had a year to do it! :mad:

pinksugar

Its marked internally isn't it? cos I dunno my mark! I did...

Tutankhamun: murder of the boy king

I know that my teacher put me in for some scholarship thing or a prize award thingy thing.. I came second in my class of six :D

mal

Mine was on Fritz Fischer and his role in the histpriographical revisionism of World War 1 guilt. It did pretty well, I think 28.5 out of thirty,

Crawfs

Did English Reformation and differing historiographical opinions between Catholic and Protestant Historians, got 38/40 adding up proposal, synopsis, essay etc.

arls

Artemisia Gentilleschi.. no one on this earth has heard of the Baroque Artist.. stupid choice theres about 6 books in the whole STATE on her... i had to import books from wagga uni n stuff. interesting topic though.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
oh my god i love you arls
artemisia gentileschi is my BEST artist !!!
but you do her for ART not for history!!!!
i mean i wrote about her for my art exam (besides the fact that i diidn't answer the Q and will get 30% ) , why would you do her for history?
the only historiians are art historians such as mary garrard and griselda pollockk, aren't they?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The differences in methodology between historical revisionists and holocaust deniers, and how valid each was.
It was really good, I spoke to David Irving over the phone (I made sure my school paid for the international call! It was funny cos I was in the office and I heard one teacher ask who I was talking to, and the office said 'David Irving in Florida' and the teacher nearly fell over...she thought I was talking to my mum or something!) and Debra Lipstadt through email, it was very interesting.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
i also did holocaust revisiionism and denial \
so interesting that you called David Irving up - i can't stand him i probably would have threatened him on the phone!
you probably did very well though
I also did the role of memory
miine was VERY comprehensive, and VERY diffiicult!!

cadsy48

Originally posted by arls
Artemisia Gentilleschi.. no one on this earth has heard of the Baroque Artist..
I have, only because ive seen the movie on world movies!!...

and P.S. I did mine on the role of slave labour with Volkswagen during WW2....HARD to find info on!

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by lazybum

so interesting that you called David Irving up - i can't stand him i probably would have threatened him on the phone!

I emailed him first and then he said he'd be happy to help me out more and we arranged a time to call and stuff.
I don't agree with a thing he has to say but he was so much more interested in helping than Lipstadt, and was extremely friendly and down-to-earth. I had to look past my views on his history if it was going to be an effective interview.

arls

oh my god i love you arls
artemisia gentileschi is my BEST artist !!!
but you do her for ART not for history!!!!
i mean i wrote about her for my art exam (besides the fact that i diidn't answer the Q and will get 30% ) , why would you do her for history?
the only historiians are art historians such as mary garrard and griselda pollockk, aren't they?
Yeah its a pity the thought of her makes me want to spew!! i thought there'd be debate due to her rape etc and the fact that she was a feminist in her time etc etc etc.. but what i didnt realise was taht historians only started writing about her in th 70s cause she was completly undervalued and so basically there was not much info to base an argument around.. in fact there really was little definite argument evident, slightly diffferent perspectives on meticulous issues to do with her. its like trying to compare the historians in the camelot school of kennedy! i didnt know what else to choose.... had no other ideas and thought she sounded fascinating and very debateable.. lil did i know...

anyways thank god thats over now! hopefully in bout 2 years time i wont spew at the though t of her name and will appreciate her art as i did b4 i started the project.. she is really a fantastic artist... *rushes off to bathroom...*

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
i also did holocaust revisiionism and denial \
you probably did very well though
I also did the role of memory
miine was VERY comprehensive, and VERY diffiicult!!
What texts did u use? I had to get all of mine sent over there was hardly anything at the State Library...

*10#

all your projects sound really interesting

i did the role of Gorbachev in the fall of communist russia

it was quite good but pretty hard to find resources on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)