What did everyone think? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wondering what everyone else thought of the exam?
I thought it was pretty straightforward and loved the questions in Paper 2.

Dombrovski

HSC
Hmmmm...

I thought it was ok... Paper two was better than paper 1

Standard Deviation!! GAH!!

But I suppose thats what you get when your teacher gets fired a month before the HSC...

Oh well...

HSC
haha standard deviation was the only thing i didn't know how to do, so i left it. In my assignment i did standard deviation on microsoft word, so i couldn't remember how to do it from the yr 9 maths days. It would of worked out to be lower than 5.4 but do you think that was have much of an effect on the next question? where you had to argue what feed to use. I argued pen 2 i think but you could of argued pen 3 if the standard deviation was lower despite the ave being lower i reckon.

Dombrovski

HSC
Yeah, I thought that too... but otherwise... I think it went ok

the physiological mono/ruminant one, was that about structure, or about enzymes etc?

lama33

chyeah baby
HSC
i thougth paper 1 was so much better then paper 2
i think the standard deviation was 2 point something

wat electives did you do
i did animal management and
sustainable land and resource management

lama33

chyeah baby
HSC
Dombrovski said:
Yeah, I thought that too... but otherwise... I think it went ok

the physiological mono/ruminant one, was that about structure, or about enzymes etc?
yeah wat was that question about
i wrote about the difference between the 2

steer-rider

HSC
It is the physical difference between them. Enzymes is a misintepretation, that is biochemical difference, but it still may attract some marks as it showed an understanding of differnces between them (please say you mentioned the micro-organisms containing the enzyme cellulase!)
It was looking for the contpartments of the rumen's stomache, birds having crops and gizzards and rumens having an absence of ceaci.

lama33

chyeah baby
HSC
steer-rider said:
It is the physical difference between them. Enzymes is a misintepretation, that is biochemical difference, but it still may attract some marks as it showed an understanding of differnces between them (please say you mentioned the micro-organisms containing the enzyme cellulase!)
It was looking for the contpartments of the rumen's stomache, birds having crops and gizzards and rumens having an absence of ceaci.
i did say something about the micro-organisms containing the enzyme cellulase

do you think they mind about spelling mistakes in ag

idkidkidkidkidk

HSC
Loved paper 1! really good questions, lol 7 1/2 page essay for Q8 really happy with it all!!!! (excluding the SD question lol)
Paper 2... didn't like it at all... the animal management question was good... however I struggled with the others... planned to do sustainability option, instead opted for the plant production one... anyways paper 2 = epic fail for me lol

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
i finished ag last year, so i didn't do the exam this year, but just wanna comment about this kid called [now censored] at JRAHS (hi [_____], if you ever read this!)

he wrote about SHEEP BLOWFLY when he was supposed to write about a disease!!!

ahahaha

Last edited:

christiee

HSC
Ag exam was heaps gud.. required minimal study/effort :)
Hope everyone went well with it!!
I tlked bout mastitis for the disease question lol.

idkidkidkidkidk

HSC
steer-rider said:
What diseases did people talk about? I used BSE and three-day
I used the Equine Morbillivirus for the disease, cause & symptoms part lol but considered using ephemeral fever... :)

Ronny58

HSC
I totally forgot how to work out standard deviation...managed to do a few random calculations and ended up with 2.6. The rest of Paper 1 wasn't too bad, I reckon in that two part question about the different phosphorus levels on that farm, they should have put nitrogen. WHo the hell studies phosphorus in depth?

NEARLY screwed up the essay in Paper 1, I did the one on micro-organisms and invertebrate assisting in the decomposition of organic matter. Then the second part to that question was the benefits of crop roation or something, I was like, sweet just talk about the types of rotational GRAZING. When I actually started it I looked at the question again and was like, WOW it said crops.

Didn't really like Paper 2. We did the Innovation and Diversification (4) and Sustainable Land and Resource Management (6). Had a bit of troubel trying to elaborate on the 8 mark questions...

idkidkidkidkidk

HSC
Ronny58 said:
I totally forgot how to work out standard deviation...managed to do a few random calculations and ended up with 2.6. The rest of Paper 1 wasn't too bad, I reckon in that two part question about the different phosphorus levels on that farm, they should have put nitrogen. WHo the hell studies phosphorus in depth?

NEARLY screwed up the essay in Paper 1, I did the one on micro-organisms and invertebrate assisting in the decomposition of organic matter. Then the second part to that question was the benefits of crop roation or something, I was like, sweet just talk about the types of rotational GRAZING. When I actually started it I looked at the question again and was like, WOW it said crops.

Didn't really like Paper 2. We did the Innovation and Diversification (4) and Sustainable Land and Resource Management (6). Had a bit of troubel trying to elaborate on the 8 mark questions...

Lol i was going to do that question in paper 1!!! but then i figured i didnt know about the whole decomposition thing lol I planned to ramble about how rotating crops ensures that minerals such as molybdenum are not leeched from the soil etc lmao then I opted for Q8... and ditto paper 2 was pretty bad lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)