What Did U Think ?? (1 Viewer)

Morgues

and band 6 does not mean you get over 90 or over 85 raw
last year no one got even close to that but I do think last years test was harder (apart from the multiple choice which was trickier this year)

sunny

meh.
HSC
And it was the first exam, not alot of people were expecting all those fat scenario questions :mad1:

Winsux

yeah, it is set too high, but even to get a band 5 last year you had to be in the top 7-8% of the state. its pretty rediculous

blah

I am blah
HSC
pretty gay how we get gay scaling for a hard course jus becoz there isnt enuf techs doing it.

i mean we cant help it that they dun like computers and dun choose this course.

idontknow

last years paper was very ambiguous, only Q23 in this years paper was a bit so-so but i think they realised this and decided to add more algorithms to make sure that the hardness factor of the exam wasn't slipping. This is by far and away one of the hardest exams because you have to relate everything to the scenario. This is the exam where coursework is covered the least and it is more like a SDD comprehension exam and how well you understand the half-hearted scenarios they put you in rather than how well you know the course.

BOS get your act together

Morgues

Actually I prefer exams like this compared to the memory tests in some other subjects...........speaking of memory test subjects, i better go study physics

Winsux

ha! physics is pretty easy now, its just all text book stuff. well most of the trials were anyway, i got 93% raw in my trial, it was so easy. i'm taking the w/end off, and doing work next week

smithy

What i thought sucked- and correct me if i'm wrong- but isn't a context diagram just like a DFD without a datastore?- who'd put a context and a DFD in the same question?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yea its just a DFD without the data store.

Not to mention that context diagrams weren't in the syllabus document, but the course specifications.

smithy

well that's good- i mighta got some marks- it's a good thing i crammed cos that's one of the things i picked up in the hour before the exam

idontknow

a context diagram isn't usually that specific, it should only have like 3 or 4 actual things. ie. two entities and a process (note how it was 3 marks).

Where as the DFD required alot more detail and possible 5 processes (5 marks) that relate how the datastore is used and the specific processes that need to be carried out.

Dario

HSC
Yeah the algorithms were hard and took ages. I shortened them down a lot by making non existent subprograms like SortRecords (ListArray, Sales).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll have to see the paper before I judge
but I did SDD accelerated last yr, and I found it quite tough...compared to all my assessments, I got average of around 90 for all assesments, but i got 80 aligned exam mark
Im hearing that this yr's paper was a lot less ambigious, but I didnt think last years was anyway...
BOS screws ppl over for SDD in terms of scaling..since its based on canditure not actually how hard the subject is...

Morgues

minai.......what do you think your raw mark was last year approximately........just out of interest

blah

I am blah
HSC
my brother did it last year as an accelerated sub like me currently.

he sed he thought he got like 50-60ish raw but ended up getting 70 aligned

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Morgues
minai.......what do you think your raw mark was last year approximately........just out of interest
raw, i thought i got close to 70, or below, because I really didnt feel well after the exam...i knew i f*cked up some bits big time (i had no clues on some algorithms n stuff)

ok.,.just to make u guys feel better

ive been programming in professional industry for over 3 years in C++, Java and now C#

im very competent in OOP (thats why i loved the option Q), and i also do ipt (making the social and ethical Qs and system related Q alot easier)

So...guys.. i might sound arragont here but this would be the best exam ive done..and ive expected that ...

i went good in maths as well (solving Q10 by accident) but that was total surprise...

anyway..

the 1st algorithm q was very easy..

2nd algorithm q was easy...except the error and desk chk Q.. I coudln't find the error and couldnt' doo the desk chk.. (20 fucking variables.. no way im spending time doing that)

evo was god sent...cuz neally all of them focused on OOP

L.B.U

i didnt really study for da exam i tried da last day and da morning b4 da exam and i thought it ll be more easier, our teacher waz talking about some changez in da exam. BUt no fuckin exam waz bloody hard, harder than last yearz Q23 really sucked the otherz were ok . but still i think that exam waz fucked up

ChillerZ

Originally posted by iptteacherssuck
ok.,.just to make u guys feel better

ive been programming in professional industry for over 3 years in C++, Java and now C#

im very competent in OOP (thats why i loved the option Q), and i also do ipt (making the social and ethical Qs and system related Q alot easier)

So...guys.. i might sound arragont here but this would be the best exam ive done..and ive expected that ...

i went good in maths as well (solving Q10 by accident) but that was total surprise...

anyway..

the 1st algorithm q was very easy..

2nd algorithm q was easy...except the error and desk chk Q.. I coudln't find the error and couldnt' doo the desk chk.. (20 fucking variables.. no way im spending time doing that)

evo was god sent...cuz neally all of them focused on OOP
get bent

are you that socially dysfunctional that you can't see people don't need your glowing success shining in their faces right now? I guess it is true what they say about programmers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)