What did you all think of paper two?? (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
At our school we haven't finished all our modules in class yet. We still haven't even started the club. So we just got two questions to do on witness and bruce dawe. Though we only got 80 minutes for our exam to compensate for the missing question.
Hey we also got 5 minutes at the start for reading time. Do all schools get that??

PiP

HSC
i think i did alright, even know i only managed 1 1/2 pages for section 2 (Macbeth)....We got 10mins at start....at the start of all exams i have ever done in fact :D

blake

It was alright, I did too much on Bruce Dawe.. 4 pages for Brucey, 2 1/2 pages for Witness and 2 pages on The Club

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Did you guys manage to completele any of your sections?

It seems like a few of my friends completed their sections.

I ran out of time for ALL my sections :(
I wrote:
3 pages for Module A- "Stolen"
2 Pages for Module B- "Witness"
1 1/4 pages for Module C- Bruce Dawe

I have GOT to learn how to manage my time better

Last edited:

Pete

I found the paper pretty alright... I wrote 3 for dialogue 4 for witess and 4 for Consumerism!

My interveiw was pretty plain... I used fight club and an article called " Culture Vultures"...

Anyway, I am glad that English is over and GOODLUCK TO ALL

Stacey

i think i did ok. I only wrote about 2 1/2 pages for each of them, but i'm sure i did better in this than the AOS

My consumerism question was kinda stupid i thought, i just crapped on

sharlene84

i thought the questions were really hard. i wrote 2 pages for witness, 3 pages for the club and 4 pages for raw. i dont know if what i wrote was right but knowing my luck it prbably wasnt.

Meesh

essay on image was easy... essay on macbeth was easy except i didnt know 2 soliloquies, i only knew one which wasnt too good for this question(lady macbeth & her unsexing)... interviewing bruce dawe was pretty straight froward except i never got to finish... if were talkin page wise...

image: 3 pages
macbeth: 2 pages
bruce dawe(consumerism): 4&1/2 pages

i had trouble writing on macbeth since i didnt know my second soliloquie too well! :(

-mitch

the great one

how fucked was that macbeth question! I only did 1 and a half pages and I was struggling to do that. I hope that isn't the question in the HSC or im gone.

Meesh

well... really, shud be fine, if u know 2 diff soliloquies extrememly well... hahaha... im smiling cause its over...

mkogan

Paper 2 was not as bad as one. I did 4 pages on Telling stories. 5 pages on Shoehorn and 6 pages on RaW

Meesh

u know what?

i was talking about this question... anyways u really think u could write 8 pages for section of te recent catholic macbeth question? and whose says u need 8 pages buddy? it depends on how big u write too... and how much BS u cut and how quality it is. not just reaching 'eight' pages...

Sarah J

HSC
ooh! I loved this paper! I was so happy with it. I'd seen last year's Catholic trials so i was pretty freaked out wondering what this would be like. I think if i'd actually studied Mabeth I would have written more in it.
I wrote:
Image: 5 pages
Macbeth: 2 1/2 pages
Raw: 4 pages.

I even managed to use my time properly. I kind of went over into Mabeth's time with the Image section because i liked it so much, but i didn't have much to say on Macbeth anyway.

david

omg, are you guys serious?

i think i did better in paper two then paper one, but i didnt write as much of you did..

section 1- 4 pages
section 2- 2 pages <--- didnt have enough time
section 3- 5 pages

oh well, im doing the catholic trial exam paper btw.

did anyone get the question:
"if you want to make enemies, then you have to change"

something like that?

i stuffed up in that one.. :(

the great one

i have all the sample responses from last year because we do these stupid literacy thing and if you want to get over band 3 you have to be aiming for 7-8 pages

dansnation

Originally posted by PiP
i think i did alright, even know i only managed 1 1/2 pages for section 2 (Macbeth)....We got 10mins at start....at the start of all exams i have ever done in fact :D
sounds exactly like me... i went to macbeth last cos its my weakest module... i didnt know what i was talking about and somehow squeezed 2 pages of bull$%#t out..

eagle4

HSC
N/A
i had no idea what to write about in the 2nd part, i did shoehorn sonata, and i didnt notice anyinternal conflict on stage, i wrote about 1/4 page

Dumbarse

christ!, this is supposed to be standard english and u all wrote novels.
It really is pathetic the way u try to out do each other with how many pages u all wrote, its quality not quantity they are testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)