What did you think of the exam? (1 Viewer)

sassnbide

HSC
i actually thought it was pretty hard.. harder than expected
and i usually do pretty well

what did everyone get for multiple choice? ill put my answers down but im unsure about a few!

1c (guessed.. out of c and d?)
2a (also unsure.. could be b?)
3c
4d
5a
6c
7b?
8d
9d
10a

emmmy

HSC
i thought it was ok.. hoping for maybe 45/50
section 2 let me down i think i will have lost my marks there..

who did question 14 and who did question 15?
i did 14 and on the japanese kimino.

sara21

HSC
well yeh im like that other chicka :) i normally go heaps good in textiles but i think i may have stuffed it up *cries*

um i did question 14 i fink i did 'a 'wrong aww

my multiple choice answers are
1.D
2.C
3.C
4D
5.A
6.D
7.B
8.C fink its wrong tho
9.D
10.A

dont no how rite they are

what did you guys write for the type of printing you would use to print a multi-coloured design on a 1 metre peice of fabric???

frostysnow

HSC
the exam questions were easier than i thought, considering i didn't really study and knew almost nothing. Just kept on bullshiting about shibori and kimonos throughout

shellz12

HSC
I thought it was definitely harder than past papers, but do-able. I did Q14 on Japanese textiles. For the printing question the only thing that came to mind was block printing. Does anyone actually use 15 minutes on the multiple choice?

lollipopxo

HSC
exam was beautiful very easy i thought although i was a little thrown by the wording about the historical design question. i also felt a little bit rushed on part c of question 14 i jsut hope i wrote enough about the implications of religion and workers skill and status. but overall much mroe straight forward then previous years. i also did japanese and i talked about kimonos and obis with reference to shibori, yuzen and tradtional emrboidery as well as the production method of borocade done of the draw loom. Hoping fro at leat 45/50 but fingers cross 48??

lollipopxo

HSC
sassnbide said:
i actually thought it was pretty hard.. harder than expected
and i usually do pretty well

what did everyone get for multiple choice? ill put my answers down but im unsure about a few!

1c (guessed.. out of c and d?)
2a (also unsure.. could be b?)
3c
4d
5a
6c
7b?
8d
9d
10a
i got exactly the same multiple choice and i am sure 2 was A because i do business studies and logos on garments are not a promotion strategy, also i think 1 was C for sure agitation means that the fabric accepts dye as the porous regions are opened so defiantly not B and deffinatly not D as migration occurs when u dye it not a problem associated with the dyes colourfastness after :)

HSC
i did digital image heat transfers for the printing.
aaand then kimono.
yeah some of the wording was funny! like the historical design development one.
oh well, all over!
it was so much better than i expected. i wanted to study soo much more for it but managed to remember more than i thought.
i said cotton forthe shirt, polyester for the other 2

sara21

HSC
for the printing one i said direct digital printing is that rite??

cause i was thinking block but yehh thought that couldnt be it cause of the multi-coloured bit but yehh i dnt no

emmmy

HSC
i did block printing, couldnt think of anything else that i would be able to answer the three parts, i would have done screen prining but didnt know the method :/

sara21

HSC
can someone plz tell me if direct digital printing is correct or not just a lil worried here :( ..

lollipopxo

HSC
yes digital direct would be fine although very expensive, i did digital heat transfer printing which is very similar.

HSC
I said screen printing.
I was going to do block printing, but then I remembered that I did screen printing in my MTP so i changed it :)

I think it went well :)

sara21

HSC
lollipopxo said:
yes digital direct would be fine although very expensive, i did digital heat transfer printing which is very similar.
thanks that makes me feel heaps betta :)

frostysnow

HSC
gen.shottaffeta said:
i did digital image heat transfers for the printing.
aaand then kimono.
yeah some of the wording was funny! like the historical design development one.
oh well, all over!
it was so much better than i expected. i wanted to study soo much more for it but managed to remember more than i thought.
i said cotton forthe shirt, polyester for the other 2
i think i know you XD

beckybonnie

HSC
I went into the exam feeling completely unprepared, but i think i went 'ok'. lol.

Does anyone have a copy of the exam, or know where it could be posted? We couldnt take ours and i want to see what i put for the multiple choice :p

For the printing one i put Heat Transfer Printing... only because of the colours etc, but i wasnt really sure. Oh well.

I think i did pretty well with the suit one; for the shirt i put 100% cotton, and the suit i put wool/polyester blend, core spun yarn, plain weave. My textiles teacher said that was ok?!? hope so! lol.

For the extended i did the Japanese.. i talked about Yukiyoe (japanese block printing)... but i basically blabbed on and on. lol.

S

Sunnykoala

shellz12 said:
I did Q14 on Japanese textiles. For the printing question the only thing that came to mind was block printing.
same here! lol... and i cudnt remember some of those japanese words.. so i just remember 'Ukiyoe' and just wrote about that...

S

Sunnykoala

beckybonnie said:
I went into the exam feeling completely unprepared, but i think i went 'ok'. lol.

I think i did pretty well with the suit one; for the shirt i put 100% cotton

For the extended i did the Japanese.. i talked about Yukiyoe (japanese block printing)... but i basically blabbed on and on. lol.
me too lol......!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)