What did you think of the exam? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Was it hard, easy or not too bad?

And what about the selection of plates?

i haven't done it yet, its on in about 5 1/2 hours :) I just wanted to post the first thread :D

krissle

it was ok! section 1 was pretty good to us (although 1a threw me off abit because i started going on about practice). for section 2, i was just relieved they included postmodernism in the frames, otherwise i was dead. overall, i liked. and if it wasn't so bluddy hot today, i would've liked more. :apig:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
it was pretty good i thought... section 1 was a bit odd, the questions were phrased differently... but i think i got used to it.

stressed02

YAY !! it's over! It wasn't TOO bad i guess... it was just .. weird
That first section certainly was different to any Section I questions i had ever done... what was with the "design" thing, lucky i do DT i guess...
I actually found 1(a) kind of hard... i didn't really know what the 'relationships' were i dont think, i was going on about practice and audience... oops!:(

For every art essay that i'd ever done, i have always written the same essay each exam.. this time, my 'circumstances and events that influence artists' wasn't a question! nearly had a heart attack, but i think i adapted it well to another one! oh well hope you guys found it ok...

starrrboy

exam

the 1st 2 questions were hard but i managed to make something up. the 3rd bit was good and so was the essay
for the 1st time ever i didnt finish an art exam early

HSC
I agree with most people

the exam was just weird, it was completely different to every past exam I have seen...

When I first looked at it during the reading time, I was like "fuck! what the hell am I supposed to write?" but then I analysed the plates a bit more, and I actually went pretty well, and ended up writing 8 pages...

the question about the design company, wasn't an art question. It's about designers and shit, not art... I have no idea why that question was there. It wasn't hard, just out of place.....

The very first question was also peculiar, the "relationship" what the hell does that mean?

Good thing the last question, whilst being different to past paper questions, was pretty straightforward....

Section II was basically me regurgitating an essay I memorised, I did question 9 the one about art reflecting social values. The question was pretty simple....

Anyways, WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO MORE SCHOOL WORK OR EXAMS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
8 pages!?!?! for what section??

1a) just under 2
1b) just over 2 and a half
1c) a bit over 3, < 3 and a half

section 2: 8 pages (2 more than the trials! yay!)

HSC
Sorry I didn't make myself clear....

8 pages for the first section:

(1) a) 2 Pages
(1) b) 2.5-3 Pages
(1) c) 3 pages

7.5 for the second section

NATMAN

Originally posted by stressed02
For every art essay that i'd ever done, i have always written the same essay each exam.. this time, my 'circumstances and events that influence artists' wasn't a question! nearly had a heart attack, but i think i adapted it well to another one! oh well hope you guys found it ok...
before the exam, I also prepared an essay on events and circumstances under the heading of art practice. The 2nd question under the practice, something that says 'how does time affect the practice of artists?' actually fits very well with event and circumstances. I studied 4 artists from different time periods and so i talked about how different time and world affects the practice and artworks of the artist.... make sense?

sez

section 1 b) was more like a d.t question than art - all that crap about meeting the needs of the public and what annoys me the most is that the people who do d.t as well probably had an advantage in 1b!
I found the last question C) good but A) was so vague, the relationship that the artist has with the artwork? what does that mean?
Section 2 was good though, anyone else do the cultural frame? that question was awesome, so any marks I lost in the first section I reckon I made up for in section 2

starrrboy

i did my esay on the social values and did a comparison of seshu to cindy sherman, 2 very different artists but oh well
obe more exam left......drama urgh

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
good luck to you :)

i'm all done... chem + art on the same day, so now i'm out.

it's weird...

phunky

umm i didn't think it was too bad- but hey.. i don't want ot get my hopes up. the essay question wasn't too bad once i started. and i think i did generally ok in the first section. i don't want to think about it anymore now!

stressed02

lol my teacher told me it was:
1(a) - Conceputal Framework (artist's relationship with artwork)
(b) - Practice
(c) - Frames (structural and subjective)

which is what i wrote.. but hmm we all seem to have conflicting opinions! hehe ah well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)