What do do.... (1 Viewer)

Vicsta

HSC
Ok so iv typed up my 2500 word journey essay, iv been told to cut it down though theres to much quality to take out, but then theres the overwhelming feeling of not finishing in time or totally not understanding the question... what do u do??
also
Y is it that every body (including my self) is so worried about section III essay? is it coz its an essay? or is it because thats what we'v been 'learning/preparing' for the whole year?
Every other section is worth the same amount of marks so y not worry about creative writting or comprehension just as much as essay section III?? well id love to sit and ponder about it but im actually goin to go an memorize my 2500word essay :| hmmm the irony.....:confused:

zedzed

HSC
you absolutely NEED to cut it, you're NOT going to be able to write all that down without compromising your performance in the other two sections IMMENSELY.

you're probably trying to say too much in one sentence, re-telling the plot too much, using too many unnecessary quotes or using too many words to state one point.

btw, does anyone else think we're NOT going to get an essay? there's already been 2 essay questions on journeys, they wouldn't set a 3rd would they? i hope i'm wrong.

Vicsta

HSC
haha yes very slowly and painfully, yeah i noe an i have been trying to cut it down though iv just set it long enough so i can cover whatever question they throw at us. As for it being an essay question , hasent it always been an essay question for section III?...?

zedzed

HSC
nah they've had a feature article and a speech before. either would be fine with me but if they give us some other dodgy text type i will let out a blood curdling scream and then collapse and die just so i wouldn't answer the question.

zedzed

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
What if there are no unimportant bits??
then it mustn't be very well written. other people have managed to write comprehensive and sophisticated essays in <1500 words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)