What do I do? (1 Viewer)

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
Ok here are my prefs for the main round:
1. Arts (psych) at USyd- this year's cutoff 98.1
2. Psych (hons) at UNSW- this year's cutoff 95.85
3. Arts (psych)/Dip Ed at Macquarie- this year's cutoff 84.75

I got offered the Arts (psych)/Dip Ed at Macquarie but I really want my 1st or 2nd.

My UAI was 88 and I have EAS at Sydney (up to 5 points) and at UNSW (up to 10 i think). What do I do if I want to be considered for the late round for those two?

Except if I don't get either in the late round can I still hold onto my Macquarie offer??

Help please!!! :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
You'll automatically be considered for any preferences above your Main Round offer in the Late Round, and if you get an offer you can withdraw from your previous enrolment. So the advice all the unis give is just to accept your Main Round offer, and if you get another one later you can switch.

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
Oh awesome thanks!! :)
Should I take off the Sydney preference to increase my chances at UNSW? Because I doubt I'll get into Syd

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The order you put your preferences in doesn't influence your chances of being selected for them. You'll be given an offer for the highest-preference course that your UAI makes you eligible for, no matter where on your list it is. So as far as I know, there's no reason to change your prefs, unless it makes you feel more confident. You know. If it feels good, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)