What do i do? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok..im supposed to have known what im doing for my BOW, but i have no idea, people are tellin me i should do something im interested in..well obviously, but i dont know how to portray what i want to do, my teacher is a dick and she has stupid ideas so she's no help. Anyone got any suggestions on how i can decide what to do for my BOW? by the way im gona beat everyone haha not really i suck..

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Well what are you good at, Like I am not going to draw or paint cause that's not my talent? Also what do you want to do something political, religious, Fun, Emotional ..... Tell me what your Idea is and I'll throw some suggestions/feedback your way

*Dan-knee*

HSC
suggestion

hello there,
the only help i can give u is to first find what your strength is in art ,ie, drawing, painting, sculpture (u should be able to know this from results in past assessments) , then go from there.

Perhaps some research on inspiring artists might help you to think of a possible theme of your work to expand on. Another suggestion is to think of something u are interested in, then create a series of works based on that idea.

hope i have helped
Danielle

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
What do u want to show?.. what story do u want to tell?

winicat

HSC
do something, anything, and do it now! i didn't get my final "idea" until the last holidays before due date. everything until then was really just playing around until i settled on my idea. it's all cool, baby. just chill and "play" and have fun. my only definite advice is start getting works done now. just produce and produce and produce. find and theme and create a whole heap of stuff that deals with that theme. even if they are little play around pieces, they can end up pretty good!

good luck and you'll have to post your progress!!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
wasted_emotions said:
ok..im supposed to have known what im doing for my BOW, but i have no idea, people are tellin me i should do something im interested in..well obviously, but i dont know how to portray what i want to do, my teacher is a dick and she has stupid ideas so she's no help. Anyone got any suggestions on how i can decide what to do for my BOW? by the way im gona beat everyone haha not really i suck..
Here is your answer:
Your Profile said:
Favourite Bands: The Used, Story Of The Year, My Chemical Romance, Finch, Thursday, Blink-182, Lostprophets, Slowdance, Brand New, Sum 41, Green Day, Yellowcard
  • Either satirises the grunge vs pop thing
  • Portraying really graphic and obvious images that these guys songs are trying to convey. You could call the work "The Hidden Message". Your work could be a statement on how these bands make justifiable social and political comment and aren't just some discordant bunch of instruments...like many old ppl feel cause they don't listen. You would be making the 'heard'...'seen'.

I like the last one. Eh. There is my two cents.

lunatique56

Skillo said:
Here is your answer:
  • Either satirises the grunge vs pop thing
  • Portraying really graphic and obvious images that these guys songs are trying to convey. You could call the work "The Hidden Message". Your work could be a statement on how these bands make justifiable social and political comment and aren't just some discordant bunch of instruments...like many old ppl feel cause they don't listen. You would be making the 'heard'...'seen'.

I like the last one. Eh. There is my two cents.
i don't really have an idea to contribute as i'm pretty much stumped on my BOW too...but Skillo has a very good idea there! And seeing you obviously harbour great interest for those bands and genre , i think that idea has great potential...plus, i've realised that basing ur BOW on something ur passionate about is really important. Up till now, I've discarded about six ideas as I would start developing them and then just lose my motivation entirely.

btw; i have to comment..i love your avartar (very emo) and the bands u listed.. luv MCR!!! :D

HSC
ok thanx for your thoughts, im better at drawing than anything. my teacher wants me to do some mixed media crap... i like your ideas but, im gona work on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)