What do i need for uni?? (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Essentials to Bring:

- Pens
- Notepad
- Laptop/Tablet or Ipad to view Lecture Notes and e-books of the prescribed textbook and to write notes if you prefer
- Labcoat or Scrubs/Dissection Kit/Disposable Gloves* if you're a certain science major
- ID Card
- Lunch or Snacks and a Water Bottle (you can purchase food on campus but it can hurt the pocket)
- Course Notes/Reader (you can buy these from the Copy Centre but only certain subjects have course notes/readers)

Optional:
- Access Card to join clubs and societies or to participate in certain events for cheap and to purchase on campus and off campus goods from partnered retails.

Before you buy a textbook check with past students/tutors to see if they used it because it can be pricey and not at all helpful when studying. You can borrow the prescribed textbook at your faculty library eg. SciTech, Badham, Fisher etc. for two hours.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Do you know of any good stores i can get my stuff from. eg bags/labcoat... also how do i know what i need in each course??

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Do you know of any good stores i can get my stuff from. eg bags/labcoat... also how do i know what i need in each course??
Co Op Bookstore or the Union Store at the Wentworth Building. The lecturer will tell you what's needed in each course hopefully in the first lecture or you can ask your tutors/lab demonstrators.

Edit: http://www.usu.edu.au/Shop/Lab-Coats-Equipment.aspx#1491 and I should also mention that if you want the "Faculty of Science" on your labcoat then you can purchase a labcoat through here http://science.sydneyestore.com.au/shop/item/laboratory-coat-fscience

Last edited:
Kandahar, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
HSC
Uni Grad
1) Stationery such as pens, pencils, highlighters
2) Your student ID card every time you come to uni and ESPECIALLY for exams and places with restricted access eg. Pathology Museum in Blackburn Building
3) If you need accommodation for uni, then obviously a laptop with charger, phone with charger, clothes, foods, cooking gear and a condom if you're horny
4) Food.
5) A bag to hold all your stuff
6) Notebooks or exercise books if you need them to take down notes
7) The lecture notes should be brought to lectures and tutorials
8) An ACCESS Card if you want cheaper coffee, Uni Bros meatboxes, join clubs and societies and discounts on some shops inside and outside of campus.
9) Money. If you don't have money, then you'll need a credit card to use at the ATMs found on campus
10) An Opal card for cheaper travel. USyd now has concession Opal cards for those who are eligible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)