• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what do i need to bring to uni? (1 Viewer)

hsc=suicide

HSC
im moving away from home (hopefully) into a residential college, whats a list of things i should take, and anything important that you may have forgotten or i shouldnt forget to take?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
This thread might be under the UNE subforums, but since most people there live in colleges, just about everythig you'll need can be found in it. Probably got a few things you wouldn't think of in it as well.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm in the same situation as you. Since I used to be at boarding school, you should basically take the following items;

- Toiletries (I never liked borrowing other people's toothpaste or using the soap that everyone else uses in the showers)
- Clothes (Obviously)
- A computer if you have one
- An alarm clock to wake you up on time (since you're at uni, its likely you can only rely on yourself to get up when you need to)
- A safe, I've learnt from experience not to trust anyone else with my property
- Money (no brainer)
- Posters/Pictures to decorate your room
- Stationery (pens, rulers, all that crap..)
- A basket for dirty clothes (its easier when your clothes are in one area of the room instead of thrown all over the place)
- A tv with game console if you feel like it (Not sure whether I should bring my Ps2, I'll decide once I get into my residential college)
- A few cardboard boxes (sometimes, you may need to pack your stuff away in the holidays if other people will be using your room in your absence)
- Books/Cds/Anything else you may want with you at uni to make yourself more comfortable

OPTIONAL:
- A desklamp and a leather chair (I had both of these back at boarding school and they made my study hours much more comfortable. It doesnt matter with these 2 items as I'm assuming you'll have enough lighting and a chair provided for you at your college)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Also, remember to get your stuff electro-tagged. Most electricians do it; colleges like to know that whatever you're bringing up are safe and won't set fire to the place.
mr_brightside said:
...beg pardon?
Sorry, my mistake. Everything I see a non-UNE student make a post about the uni, it's usually dripping with sarcasm and contempt. Now I just assume that everyone does it.

hsc=suicide

HSC
ive just cleaned up my clothes.....lol i found ones from like 6 years ago in my cupboard. all meals are provided. i did think of taking a lamp. linen is provided, but i dont think i could stand theirs. my BIGGEST problem is the fact that im moving from the north coast of nsw, to melbourne, and i cant fit in a sigle bed as im too tall. ><.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hsc=suicide said:
i cant fit in a sigle bed as im too tall. ><.
Welcome to my world. I wouldn't be too concerned about this because If I can manage to fit my 6'3 frame into a single bed, then you can too. (unless you're taller than me...)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Sorry, my mistake. Everything I see a non-UNE student make a post about the uni, it's usually dripping with sarcasm and contempt. Now I just assume that everyone does it.
Yeah I just remember seeing that thread and thought it was pretty applicable.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
hsc=suicide said:
ive just cleaned up my clothes.....lol i found ones from like 6 years ago in my cupboard. all meals are provided. i did think of taking a lamp. linen is provided, but i dont think i could stand theirs. my BIGGEST problem is the fact that im moving from the north coast of nsw, to melbourne, and i cant fit in a sigle bed as im too tall. ><.
Some colleges - like mine, though I can't speak for any others - often let residents have a larger bed if they're over a certain height. I get one because I spent the first semester of last year sleeping with my ankles over the end of the matress.

hsc=suicide

HSC
tallkid34 said:
Welcome to my world. I wouldn't be too concerned about this because If I can manage to fit my 6'3 frame into a single bed, then you can too. (unless you're taller than me...)
im taller. ><

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
^ Good luck fitting all that in your room comfortably!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)