What do i put in my questionnaire? (1 Viewer)

likefacebob

HSC
My question for my PIP topic is:
An investigation on the experiences and mistreatment of women in online video games
where i talk about how men sometimes treat women poorly in video games and start acting sexist towards the girl.
What type of questions could i put into my questionnaire that can tackle this quesiton well. Thank youuuu!!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, you should be looking to ask questions that aim to determine the “what”, “why” and “how” aspects of the issue that you are exploring. Other aspects, such as the “when” and the “where” are pretty much already known, given that the “when” aspect of the issue that you are exploring is when individuals, both male and female, are playing video games, and that the “where” aspect is usually simply an online/remote setting.

Based on this, perhaps you could consider questions such as these for male respondents:
  • Do you play video games?
  • How often do you play video games?
  • Do you play video games with friends, strangers, alone or a combination of these?
  • How often do you encounter female players while playing games?
  • How does encountering female players make you feel?
  • Have you ever engaged in/witnessed mistreatment of a female player while playing video games?
  • What terms and/or expressions were mainly used?
  • How did this make you feel?
  • In your opinion, was this justified or unacceptable?
Female respondents could also be asked the following questions:
  • Do you play video games?
  • How often do you play video games?
  • Do you play video games with friends, strangers, alone or a combination of these?
  • How often do you encounter other female players while playing games?
  • How does encountering male players make you feel?
  • Have you ever been subject to mistreatment by a male player(s) while playing video games?
  • Have you ever witnessed another female player(s) being mistreated by a male player(s) while playing video games?
  • What terms and/or expressions were mainly used?
  • How did this make you feel?
  • Did you take any action against what you experienced/witnessed?
I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)