what do people in Canberra do for fun? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
ANU has a beautiful campus, i love it
uni accommodation is just expensive, but convenient enough for you to get around in the 1st year. sharing a house is much cheaper and flexible

the city is pretty boring tho
i hear canberra has a housing crisis so that's why i considered living on campus

1337z4u12

HSC
I live in Singapore (im not Asian), but Canberra is my hometown and im moving back there in a month (ANU). Dont listen to people who say "Canberra's boring" (i've had to stick up for my little town for two years whilst living overseas) - anywhere is shit if you dont know what to do/ dont know people to hang out and go out with.

Although of course its not as big as Sydney or Melbourne (or Singapore), but dont discount what it has to offer - strong indie/dance music communites, halfway between the snow (winter) and the beach (summer). The roads are the best in Aus if you like driving. Public transport is weak though (just a bus system). But since everyone has a house, house parties and a strength and its not a hassle to get your hands and buds and whatnot if your into that.

Besides, its IN BETWEEN Melbourne and Sydney (if you like road tripping).

Lots of open space, lots to offer if you keep your eyes peeled. Once you settle in its a great city, and its not as small as you think.

philphie

Banned
HSC
liar, you are asian. anyway i'm big time on pubic transport also i hear a big housing crisis? looking to rent because dont think ill get into any anu colleges because havent applied yet

1337z4u12

HSC
housing crisis.. yeah but i think its not as bad as papers would report... anyway im not entirely sure. i guess youll have to do your own research and find a place to stay within your budget.. last time i visited i was too high to be bothered with local politics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)