What do pple wear to uni (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'll be wearing a woollen vest this year. Awesome.

Normally it's a case of sandals, shorts and t-shirt/shirt in summer, and shoes, jeans, t-shirt and a jumper/shirt in winter.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
The UNSW law soc mag said science students generally wear nothing under lab coats. Is that true? :p
I wouldn't put it past those crazy science people. I try to stay away from them, because I'm sure after 3/4 years in the labs, blood isn't the only thing running through their veins :D :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
I wouldn't put it past those crazy science people. I try to stay away from them, because I'm sure after 3/4 years in the labs, blood isn't the only thing running through their veins :D :p
Refreshing heroin?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
hahah

Well for me, suits all the way. Suits and thongs.

It makes the statement "Hey, I'm sophisticated, but relaxed."

Well, I wish the judge had seen it that way :(

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I wear a different shirt each day of a week, but then might wear the same thing in a different order the week after.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
mushroom_head said:
one thing i would never wear when i go to uni would me my yr 12 jersey!
I'm with you, although heaps of people in my course wore their year 12 jersey to UNI when I was in first year. In 2nd year most of them went away...

Seriously, UNI is no fashion show, and those who treat it as one have a bigger chance of getting mocked that those who dress sensibly. However, I'd dress somewhat respectfully (ie-not a dirty old t-shirt, thongs, and track pant with a hole in the arse.) I must say that surf brands are all the rave, but this isn't highschool, and no one really cares that much what label you're wearing. If you wear a pair of jeans/shorts/a skirt and a nice top, you will blend in nicely. I also stress the importance of comfy shoes, as you're walking around all day.
No one will bag you out if you're caught wearing the same clothes from week to week, so long as you don't stink or take it to an extreme...there is something strange about someone who wears the exact same outfit day in day out, even if they do seem clean (ala, Jerrys girlfriend in Seinfeld). Mix it up a little, but you don't need to rush out and buy a whole new wardrobe.

alien

HSC
aLeeOh! said:
why may i ask?
do guys have some kind of foot fetish or something?
lol that's funny. with the thongs, i think he's referring to a G

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
I'm living on campus. So uggboots and a robe (not a la The Polyphonic Spree).
lol . i can amagine people who live on campus coming into class in their sleeping robes still holding a hot cup of coffee and stretching.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Heh... Tis funny, My high school had no uniform tee hee, so its no prob jumping into Uni lol :p - Thongs are acceptable in some places but if there is any OH&S Rules that they keep an eye out on, so therefore, No... better off sticking with trainners ( I know i got in trouble for wearing Thongs to school LOL :p ) - Jeans is fine....Can dress up but meh. .

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hahahah natstar...
im always in jeans... since its summer prolly with thongs as well... and a t... i think thats pretty standard...

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I saw this girl at Uni wearing a mini skirt and stilletto heels...like wtf? you're going to study! not to a nightclub!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ribeena said:
hey i was just wondering wat people wear to uni?
im doin a b science @ uws hawkesbury hopefully no flannies ay!! heh
is it like jeans.. skirts.. sneakers or can we wear thongs
I think that you will find cause you go to hawkesbury its very hard to find clothes for, expecially in winter. Its seriously like 2 degrees in the morning but heats up during the day. While during summer its so hot you will die ... I had a prac in a lab one day when it was above 40 degrees outside, but nearly 60 in the lab. hehe ... get used to the variable weather ... it might pay to listen to the weather reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)