What do students do for entertainment/ free time (1 Viewer)

Chelseafc65

HSC
Appreciate if students can tell me more about Canberra life and what there is to do.

michael1990

HSC
I heard it was really boring. My friend that goes to ANU actually comes back up to Sydney every weekend and stays in Canberra during the week.

blacksunset

HSC
it really dpends what you're into.
if u like going out getting cheap drinks and getting smashed, then canberra is the place for you.... mooseheads and shooters wil satisfy!
i you like places with class, you'll struggle. there are a few nice places for cocktails n whatnot..
there isnt much to do in terms of during the day... there isnt much good shopping or what not, but the occasional good cafe is good for going out to lunch
iv found i have too much bloody work to do to do much during the day anyway
and im assuming ull nbe working part time.. and that takes it up..
plus if u have a bf/gf.... you'll wanna spend time with them.
my boyfriend is at ADFA, so i see him on the weekends

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
michael1990 said:
I heard it was really boring. My friend that goes to ANU actually comes back up to Sydney every weekend and stays in Canberra during the week.
your friend is either really antisocial or goes to a shit college. if you're at a good college, then there's always plenty to do. your social life pretty much revolves around your wing at college...

michael1990

HSC
humphdogg said:
your friend is either really antisocial or goes to a shit college. if you're at a good college, then there's always plenty to do. your social life pretty much revolves around your wing at college...
He goes to ANU.

He is irish lol

Evilo

HSC
humphdogg said:
your friend is either really antisocial or goes to a shit college...
agreed. I know "those" people who go back to sydney every weekend. The fact they have a shit time in canberra is because they've never actually spent a weekend in canberra and bonded with people/friends at college. Anyone who actually wants to have a good time (and doesnt have a social disorder) will get a good bunch of mates provided they're proactive.

As far as "things to do" in canberra, i've always got something to do, and i dont even have a job. For example, This weekend at johns we had Thursday (uni night drinking), Friday - Johns Ball, and Saturday - Out the back day (partying out the back at johns with a live band). Obviously this doesn't happen every week, but RA (residents association) organises many events (theme nights etc), plus i do many things with mates. On top of that, the colleges have an "interhall sports/arts shields" and so there is a whole bunch of sports/arts events held throughout the year. Tomorrow there is female softball and mens rugby league. Now im starting to sound like a catalogue lol, but seriously there is heaps of stuff to do.

blacksunset

HSC
Evilo said:
agreed. I know "those" people who go back to sydney every weekend. The fact they have a shit time in canberra is because they've never actually spent a weekend in canberra and bonded with people/friends at college. Anyone who actually wants to have a good time (and doesnt have a social disorder) will get a good bunch of mates provided they're proactive.

As far as "things to do" in canberra, i've always got something to do, and i dont even have a job. For example, This weekend at johns we had Thursday (uni night drinking), Friday - Johns Ball, and Saturday - Out the back day (partying out the back at johns with a live band). Obviously this doesn't happen every week, but RA (residents association) organises many events (theme nights etc), plus i do many things with mates. On top of that, the colleges have an "interhall sports/arts shields" and so there is a whole bunch of sports/arts events held throughout the year. Tomorrow there is female softball and mens rugby league. Now im starting to sound like a catalogue lol, but seriously there is heaps of stuff to do.
very true. colleges always have so much on, hard to fit it all in!

Evilo

HSC
one more thing that is awesome about Canberra life. Queens birthday long weekend - fireworks are legalised.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
one more thing that is awesome about Canberra life. Queens birthday long weekend - fireworks are legalised.
HA HA HA!

This is why i like Canberra.
Plus Skyfire is mad.

Evilo

HSC
where do i get this "rock n' roll" you speak of? :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hahahaha I love how that's the only thing you can't find.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Chelseafc65 said:
Appreciate if students can tell me more about Canberra life and what there is to do.
It is what you make of it, dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)