What do the teachers want!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
me and some other friends of mine been wandering this for a long time now....

wat on earth do the teachers want?

e.g.
they say ure essay good but not long enough, u then next time write like a book for them or something, then they say its too much u simplify wat u wrote and they say its too simple and no depth, then u add depth they say its too long and now its all messing since so many edits that it doesnt really make sense anymore

What do they want?!?!?!?!

o btw i got 7th out of like a 100 for arts (i tried sooooo hard for all my subjects i am being as honest as possible atm) and still bad report?!?!?!?
What on earth do they want????????????? its as if theres no pleasing them

please help im gonna do something stupid soon!!!!!!!!

tennille

HSC
Do the best you can. Teachers are not always right.

I wouldn't stress so much over something like this. All of the teachers say different things about essays because English is subjective, as opposed to maths. I've always had trouble with essays (mine were too long). By the end of the year, my essays were better. I cut out all the stuff that wasn't necessary, but it was still detailed. For AOS, for example, most people talk about 4 texts. I could barely fit 3 in. For the HSC exam, I managed to fit 4 in with sufficient detail. The best thing to do for essays is see how much of your essay relates to the question, and remove of the stuff that doesn't.

If you're coming 7/100 for art, then you're doing extrmely well. Stuff what the teachers say. As long as your happy, then it shouldn't matter what other people think.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
All depends, a business studies essay should contain different things to a english one.

Ask for a word limit or guide on how many words to aim for.
Don't pad or waffle, answer the points.

jess_r_2005

HSC
thats just the way some teachers are, there is no way in pleasing them. cause they say u could have gone into more depth on this point in ur essay then u do and they say its to much depth or u still havent gone into much depth. there's no need to stress about it tho cause u just gotta realise that this is the way they teach and they just want u to try and elaborate on the points u have made.
teachers will always try and prove u wrong and they dont like it when they are proved wrong.

A l

HSC
N/A
jess_r_2005 said:
thats just the way some teachers are, there is no way in pleasing them. cause they say u could have gone into more depth on this point in ur essay then u do and they say its to much depth or u still havent gone into much depth. there's no need to stress about it tho cause u just gotta realise that this is the way they teach and they just want u to try and elaborate on the points u have made.
teachers will always try and prove u wrong and they dont like it when they are proved wrong.
That is so true for many teachers. I have some teachers who absolutely hate it when someone gets full marks in their exams, so they make them, or mark them, harder. Teachers are always looking for areas where you can improve on.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
think of this way

When you sit you HSC have it in your mind that the markers know nothing and it is up to you to show them /explain to them every little bit of what they want to know. In other words treat the teachers and markers like a pack of clueless dogs who need to learn new tricks. And when you're sitting in the exam dont assume that the markers know what you're on about and think "Err...that's too bleeding obvious" State the bleeding obvious. You'll find that the more you explain things and pull them apart to show the marker the better your end mark.
You'll find as I did in alot of tertary course and stuff that in your assignments and assessments, exams, etc if you don't point out every single iddy biddy fact related to the question you simply will not get the marks.

HSC
some teachers are major wierd, you just gotta keep asking them what they want from you, there's no other way. also look at the rubric/key components/syllabus outcomes whatever, try addressing all of those as best you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)