What do think of world XI squad? (1 Viewer)

Select Two World XI Openers

• Virender Sehwag (IND)

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Andy Strauss (ENG)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Michael Vaughan (ENG)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Hershille Gibbs (SA)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Graeme Smith (SA)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
angelduck said:
i have one comment on the squad - what kind of idiot picks Akhtar??? He can't manage team spirit foir his own country!
exactly he'll be a detriment...theres much better players available...even if it was an asian 11, they still wud b able to avoid picking him...

ahmad

HSC
N/A
angelduck said:
i have one comment on the squad - what kind of idiot picks Akhtar??? He can't manage team spirit foir his own country!
Akhtar is a genuine fast bowler no doubt...but his problems start with his behaviour off-field (this has got nothing to do with his on field performance)
secondly, akhtar is a fierce competitor and doesn't take a backward step, but his cocky attitude and bursts of anger aren't good for a young team. Thisis why inzi complained about akhtar being in the side.
Now when it comes to world class player and fighting till the end Akhtar is the man.
He has been choosen for a number of reason. firstly, he has demolised the Australian line up on a number of occassions (we lost these test matches because of our batting) and he has performed good recently
He is out of the paki team because of his fitness and attitude NOT performance.

chair_stapler

HSC
N/A
akhtar was been left out of the pakistan team in recent time because of his bad attitude. Hopefully this will sort him out , i highly doubt it though

WonkaHead22

HSC
akhtar is crap anyway

and inzayourmum LOL ... i heard he is going to captain the team ?? WTF ?? WHY IS HE EVEN IN THE SIDE?

Malinga should be in the team

furthermore id just like to say how happy i am that Jayasuria hasnt been even considered yay...

also Vaas is too old, and he is stupid for still being in the sri lankan team , i hate how these fuckheads never give the young people a chance

fuk off

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
My final squad:

1, Sehwag (great record against australia)
2, Strauss (ashes form dependent)
3, Kallis (stalwart, who can bowl)
4, Lara (tends to always lift against aussies. Middle order aggression)
5, Fleming(c) (only other captain besides Ponting who can set a good field)
6, Dravid (middle order stability)
7, Sangakkara (the next best keeper in the world, handy batsman)
8, Pollock (Opening bowler, can bat)
9, Vaas (opening bowler, left arm brings variety,)
10, ????? (i dont know. Needs to be right arm quick. Harmisson has poor record against aussies. Might depend on ashes form)
11, Muralitharan (will always walk up start. Could swap with vettori.)

12, Tendulkar (where is a world team without sachin?)
13, Vettori (second spinner.)

chair_stapler

HSC
N/A
yeah i laughed at that too, inzi thinks he is going to captain the side. Thats all the article was him wanting to captain the team. Well i hope he doesnt even get in.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
chair_stapler said:
yeah i laughed at that too, inzi thinks he is going to captain the side. Thats all the article was him wanting to captain the team. Well i hope he doesnt even get in.
dont know why u guys a bagging the pakis...the pakis have the most players contributing to this world11 side, infact 9 of them

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
ahmad said:
dont know why u guys a bagging the pakis...the pakis have the most players contributing to this world11 side, infact 9 of them
Which makes me laugh - seeing the last paki tour of australia.

Dont expect many pakistani players in the final 11 - most are simply not good enough.

Inzamam ul-haq captaining the side?? The aussies would be having a good laugh at that.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
at the moment

i dont think any pakis will make the final eleven, perhaps yusuf youhana or shoaib malik, inzi definitely not in the one dayers (poor running between the wickets record).

Kaneria has a good chance if there an injury to kumble. but unfortunately for pakis to be in the eleven very slim chance.

likely to be comprised of South Africas and the Indians, few holes filled witrh poms and lankans. lara will represent the caribeean , captain well that tough choice, at this stage i cant see why tendulkar cant do that job? plenty of experience heaps, has been captain before played in these kinda matches as well.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
Which makes me laugh - seeing the last paki tour of australia.

Dont expect many pakistani players in the final 11 - most are simply not good enough.

Inzamam ul-haq captaining the side?? The aussies would be having a good laugh at that.
test i admit we went crap.....but we did give the aussie a run for their money in the last few games

Plus we have performed way better than other team that have played australia in the VB series,

ahmad

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
i dont think any pakis will make the final eleven, perhaps yusuf youhana or shoaib malik, inzi definitely not in the one dayers (poor running between the wickets record).

Kaneria has a good chance if there an injury to kumble. but unfortunately for pakis to be in the eleven very slim chance.

likely to be comprised of South Africas and the Indians, few holes filled witrh poms and lankans. lara will represent the caribeean , captain well that tough choice, at this stage i cant see why tendulkar cant do that job? plenty of experience heaps, has been captain before played in these kinda matches as well.
the only reason why i think we have slim chances is because the big names who will be chosen on their career e.g. tendulkar, vaughn, lara, kallis etc.

But how can our recent collective good performer compare against these powerhouses of world cricket

we put a fight in the VB series, kicked indias ass, and now recorded our first ever series win in west indies 3-0

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i think anyone could beat the west indies at the moment (and yes that includes Bangladesh)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)