what do u do if..... (1 Viewer)

mz_200sx

hey guys.....i failed economics and this is my first semester at uni so what do i do now?!
on the uts page it says to check to see if that subject is a prerequisit for a spring semester subject and if it is ur enrolment will be changed to planned if not ur enrolment will stay as enrolled! how do i find out it i need to redo econ before my spring semester subs?! its all so confusing!

http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/site_manager_sites/sau/exams_ass/results_app/results.html#failed

S

Shuter

You cry.

It is not a prereq for your spring subjects though.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You can repeat failed subjects at any stage of your degree, as long as you do it before you need it as a prerequisite. You can still do your Spring subjects, as long as they don't require Economics for Business.

Fundamentals of Business Finance has a prerequisite of Economics for Business, if you are doing that subject as one of your core electives (out of the 4 that you have to choose). Whether your doing this subject in Spring (in the single degree) or next year (in a combined degree) is up to your degree. You will also need the subject is you are going to be doing the Finance or Banking or any other major with economics in it. So basically, if you are planning on doing FBF, then you will need to repeat the subject sometime very soon.

On the other hand, check to see if you can do a supplementary exam for this semester first.

mz_200sx

jasee said:
You can repeat failed subjects at any stage of your degree, as long as you do it before you need it as a prerequisite. You can still do your Spring subjects, as long as they don't require Economics for Business.

Fundamentals of Business Finance has a prerequisite of Economics for Business, if you are doing that subject as one of your core electives (out of the 4 that you have to choose). Whether your doing this subject in Spring (in the single degree) or next year (in a combined degree) is up to your degree. You will also need the subject is you are going to be doing the Finance or Banking or any other major with economics in it. So basically, if you are planning on doing FBF, then you will need to repeat the subject sometime very soon.

On the other hand, check to see if you can do a supplementary exam for this semester first.
how can i find that out? im gonna try n appeal my mark cause in the mid semester and media reprt i recieved credits and aabove average marks and i worked it out and by my calculations i would have recieved onli 20% in my fnal to achieve a mark of 40 which dosent sound rite since i attempted the whole paper! but any info regarding a supplementary exam would be great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)