What do u do when you're upset about your English mark? (1 Viewer)

lil tiger

Do you get a remark, or appeal to the head teacher? or what? How about if the head teacher is the marker. You question him/her on the faults of your writing and pressure her to give you a good mark?

Of course this is only if you think you writing deserves more credit than it gets

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
You can try, but it usually is pretty difficult, especially if it is an assessment. Like at my school, assessments get marked by 2 markers, and if there is more than a 3 mark gap between the two marks the teachers gave, then the head teacher remarks it herself. So after all that marking, they try to make that system fair, so whatever mark you get you get and its pretty hard to change it. But i think you should try, better than doing nothing

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if u try everything and it doesnt gett better than u just have to try not to be upset about it and do better in the next assessment and so on..just keep going..

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
first you can run them over in the carpark...

if that is too drastic, you first go 2 the marker and ask them to remark it and also ask them to explain to you why you got the mark that you did. If you are still unhappy you can take it 2 the eng head teach but they are pretty scary so i would only go there if you are really dissatisfied. if you still get no result u can go to your principle and they can review it... however be warned they r also SCARY! i also think that you can complain to the borad of studies if ur marks are reviewed and u dont get what u genuinely believe you deserve...

however i would i only do that if i was severely ripped off
if all else fails just move on and kick ass in the next assessment

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Send a threatening letter to the teacher

or

you can run around school banging your head on the tables...

Giant Lobster

HSC
realistically you cant do shit.
Its cos if the marker gives in, its a sign they have admitted they are wrong. whether you were right is irrelevant, its a matter of losing face.
And if you appeal to the head teacher for a remark, remember: to them you are just a student. they would rather have you hate them than to disagree with a colleague. think about it if you were in their position. English is a horrible bitch. you cant win, stop trying.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
question what you can do better, then if what they say doesn't live up to what you think should have been a higher mark, think about a remark or something like that

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
cry. sleep. bash your head against an ice cube. cry. cry. sleep. cry. eat chocolate. punch the ground. sleep.

for one i wouldnt complain because the marker has allocated you a mark in comparison to the rest of the grade and have marked accordingly to certain outcomes

Ziusudra

Be My Only Angel
English is one of the hardest subjects, it all comes down to a matter of opinion/viewpoint. The teacher usually scribbled a few remarks about why I did so badly or they just explain to the class... but if you got ripped off, just ask the teacher.

MouNtY

i did a four page essay for an in class assessment and i got it bak today and i only got 13/20. i hated it but i didnt say nothing coz i didnt thatink that they would care

santaslayer

HSC
u really cant do nothing.....accept it coz i dont think u would be disadvantaged that much.....everyones on da same boat

Thommo

Originally posted by imsooverskool
first you can run them over in the carpark...

if that is too drastic, you first go 2 the marker and ask them to remark it and also ask them to explain to you why you got the mark that you did. If you are still unhappy you can take it 2 the eng head teach but they are pretty scary so i would only go there if you are really dissatisfied. if you still get no result u can go to your principle and they can review it... however be warned they r also SCARY! i also think that you can complain to the borad of studies if ur marks are reviewed and u dont get what u genuinely believe you deserve...

however i would i only do that if i was severely ripped off
if all else fails just move on and kick ass in the next assessment
do you goto grammar.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i would accept the fact that my essay or assignment was crap and try harder next time...or as was mentioned, run them over in the carpark.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Originally posted by Thommo
do you goto grammar.
no i dont go 2 grammar but i know alot of people that did... im at anu and i have just moved to canberra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)