What do u think u got? (1 Viewer)

What do u think u got?

• Total voters
HSC
I would have liked 110+ but I rushed q10 and discovered a few other dumb mistakes (after the test) so probably got 105-110. Hopefully enough for a safe band 6.

sullyman

HSC
pookins said:
I think I got around 118

BUT I know i made a mistake in 10b, I accidently left out a ^2 on the L, and therefore my answer was sqrt(L/2) instead of L/sqrt2.

As it was a mistake, and when you look at it you can see i've left out the ^2, do you think I could still get a mark for that? because I know at my school they have this way of marking, that if you make a small error, and not something you obviously don't know, they don't penalise you for it... kind of like a transcription error...

The question was out of 3, do you know how many marks i could get? I did everything else right in the question, just that error... =(
You should only drop one mark for the actual answer being wrong, as long as the rest of the working is right you'll get 2 out of 3.

dolbinau

HSC
Do you think 100+ is definitely a band 6?

After going through my paper I predict 102-108. A large threshold but I don't know for sure what I've got wrong and I'm not sure how they allocate multiple marks,

Last edited:

Baggygreen408

HSC
emo-kid-91 said:
discussion among my classmates afterwards revealed 10a - integrating a log - wasn't something we're taught in 2u.
u h to change it to an exponential...

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
I'm thinking around 85-90. :/ What band do you guys think that'll be in?

bored of sc

HSC
dolbinau said:
Do you think 100+ is definitely a band 6?

After going through my paper I predict 102-108. A large threshold but I don't know for sure what I've got wrong and I'm not sure how they allocate multiple marks,
I think yes. But I don't know. 100/120 = 83ish% right. That should align to a 90%+ HSC exam mark.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
bored of sc said:
I think yes. But I don't know. 100/120 = 83ish% right. That should align to a 90%+ HSC exam mark.
anyone hav the link to the stats from previous years?
just of the percentiles and stuff

bored of sc

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
What do u think u got?
i think i got 119

edit:118 i realised for the zooming in one, u had to write how many times it zoomed in? i just wrote n=13 so i guess 1 mark off
Wow. You're a beast. Well done.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
bored of sc said:
Wow. You're a beast. Well done.
thanks...i'm fairly confident i got that so i'm pretty happy although its not too great considering the difficulty of the exam, lots of people in my school alone wud have beaten me

kahuna17

HSC
i think high 90's
i think i killed the first 8 questions
then scraped a couple in the last two
wat do u think that'l align to?

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
LOL wtf u people. u dont have to integrate the log. u just find the rectangle - area to y axis. so u change the subject to x. so its like x =e^y +2 or somtehing like that.
haha
integrate logs..

dolbinau

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
thanks...i'm fairly confident i got that so i'm pretty happy although its not too great considering the difficulty of the exam, lots of people in my school alone wud have beaten me

It's only 1 mark. It doesn't make a difference.

dolbinau

HSC
Well it may make a difference to your actual mark, but what I mean is - skill level wise, 1 mark doesn't make any difference - like saying 1 mark off "wasn't too great" is nothing IMO :p. It would have been a stupid mistake.

DrHectic

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
lol tim 118 is still a good mark...even at our school (this is adrian's brother btw). Aren't you like the maths gun in your grade? I don't think anybody in my grade is gonna beat you (maybe one or two?).

I think I got 118 as well...lost 2(or maybe even 3 if the markers are tightass) from some really stupid mistakes which i realized once i left...

I wrote for the last question sqrt2s -1...instead of sqrt2(s-1)...brackets make a difference. And also for that 2sin^2 3x =1 or whatever... +- 9pi/4 doesn't lie in the range...hopefully I won't lose marks since I still figured out the solutions! Barring any gross errors that I overlooked I should be in the 115+ range :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)