• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you call your teachers by? (1 Viewer)

What do you call your teachers by?

• Teacher name (surname)

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • First name

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Nickname

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well.. mainly "sir" or "miss"... if we called any teacher by first name at our school I think they'd get pissed off

tash

lalalala
HSC
well generally their surname or whatever or otherwise we give them nicknames, eg we call our music teachers razzle and jazza, and our ancient history teacher mrs wobith 'wobi', but not by their first names. that'd b kinda weird

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It depends what teacher at our school. Obviously the older and senior members of staff we address properly but our younger teachers I either call by first name or by the many nicknames we make for each other.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
We almost always call our teachers either Mr. or Mrs. or Miss.:).

Azn fairies

well if the teacher don;'t teach us we call them "sir..etc:.
but teachers we know and all that we call them by first and nick names..they like it-they even told us to greet them that way(year 12 only that is)

like my math teacher is called - goug or santa
chem- yo man
BIO- mrs preety :)P yeah we liek to suck up)
SOR- O.D

we get along with our teachers that's why i thik we can call them by nick and fiorast name. we even have their phone numbers to ask them questions during our study (free HSC advicdel line:p)

Mazey

yeh we ours mr blah blah and mrs/Miss blah blah

Some of our teachers we call by their first names only as a joke, tho its weird,the librarian lady is called by her first name?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Fort Street is probably the most laissez faire selective school around, everyone's "Mr Steve" (Stephen Gray, Deputy) or "King Mully" (Tony Mulligan, History) or "Seeeeeerge!" (Serge Yalichev, Languages). Ok, maybe that's just me, but they don't really care what we (seniors) call them as long as they know there's respect.

The pricipal is always "Ms Moxham", though, because she's f--king scary.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
My chemistry teacher was a bit of a weirdo - if you called him "Sir" he would call you "madam" ... o_O

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
Well.. mainly "sir" or "miss"... if we called any teacher by first name at our school I think they'd get pissed off

lol same at my schooll..
umm just any damn teacher i see
'sir' or 'miss' even though they dont know me
i say miss [whatever their surname is] to suck up tot hem :D:D:D

Winston

HSC
well call them by their nicknames some of them lol...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
nah, no first names allowed in our school, even for seniors.
and nicknames? don't even think about it!

Leanne

HSC
i usually couldnt be bothered actually saying their surname.....miss or sir are fine by me!!! but then i heard that if u say miss or sir to a uni lecturer they'll ignore u....u actually have to remember their names!!!! first names!!

sepul

HSC
Well at my school it is CUSTOMARY to call them by their first name, but my school is different to most highschools. It's on site with the university, and only has yr 11 and 12, plus no detention, and it's an "adult learning environment" ie they treat you like equals, it's great :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Well?
To avoid calling the wrong names, I use 'sir' or 'miss'
Behind their backs, it depends, sometimes by nickname or just surname sometimes, title with surname, or just first name

i've never really addressed a teacher by the first name unless they've asked me to.

I remember when I was in year 9, this girl in my class wrote the English teacher's first name on her (the girl's) desk, then the English teacher saw it. Being conventional and all, she got all pissed. No kidding, she was full on yelling at her and stuff. umm... that's why I usually avoid calling teachers by their first names. but I know their names anyway hehe

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I call my teachers both by their surnames and their nicknames, l also call one of my teachers and idiot, bastard, loser and very lame. :rolleyes:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by sepul
Well at my school it is CUSTOMARY to call them by their first name, but my school is different to most highschools. It's on site with the university, and only has yr 11 and 12, plus no detention, and it's an "adult learning environment" ie they treat you like equals, it's great :)
Same with my best friends school and my brothers...its weird but cool :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
i call them all by their names except my old geography teacher who i usually call things like "hey old man" or change his name to really stupid names

heh, he is my fav teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)