• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you classify Hezbollah as.. (1 Viewer)

What do you classify Hezbollah as

• A Legitimate Resistance organisation

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • A state within a state

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A terrorist organisation

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I dont care..

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:
You have no idea what you're talking about

If they wanted an Islamic state, they wouldve done so by now. They have actually ruled it out, saying it wont happen in a country like Lebanon.

Their aim is not an islamic state in lebanon, as yet. its too easy. their main aim and goal is to reclaim the land of palestine they think they rightfully deserve and to drive the jews into the sea away from their islamic land.

it is a much greater goal than making poor little lebanon an islamic state. woop dee

so just because they dont want an islamic state (as yet) dont think you have proven any points because the ultimate goal of the total destruction of a country and people is far worse.

dam10

HSC
jenzipoo said:
Their aim is not an islamic state in lebanon, as yet. its too easy. their main aim and goal is to reclaim the land of palestine they think they rightfully deserve and to drive the jews into the sea away from their islamic land.

it is a much greater goal than making poor little lebanon an islamic state. woop dee

so just because they dont want an islamic state (as yet) dont think you have proven any points because the ultimate goal of the total destruction of a country and people is far worse.
There has only ever been one country which has been destructed and eliminated, and thats "Palestine"

Aryanbeauty

HSC
dam10 said:
There has only ever been one country which has been destructed and eliminated, and thats "Palestine"
When was palestine a country having well defined border, having its own ruler, having its own culture, having its own people who call themselves palestinian, having its own independent sovereign state? :wave:

Have you ever read history and how carthage, ostrogoths, vandals were destructed and eliminated without people knowing they even existed? Apparently maddrassas does nt taught history well ;)

Last edited:

dam10

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
When was palestine a country having well defined border, having its own ruler, having its own culture, having its own people who call themselves palestinian, having its own independent sovereign state? :wave:

Have you ever read history and how carthage, ostrogoths, vandals were destructed and eliminated without people knowing they even existed? Apparently maddrassas does nt taught history well ;)
http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2006/05/10/the-shrinking-map-of-palestine/

Have a look at the map...

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
mr EaZy said:
but hizb does a lot of things that are not seen in terrorist orgs like building hospitals and homes for refugees- so a doctor working in their hospitals cannot be called a terrorist
That might explain why they constantly had all their military targets inside places like that during the war.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:

LOL

They want the Palestinians refugee matter in Lebanon to be resolved. That cant happen if they go down th road you described.

They have also said they wont fight on behalf of the Palestinians.

You should also stop predicting their future goals.

Continue to hate if you will, but dont invent reasons to hate.

dam10

HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
That might explain why they constantly had all their military targets inside places like that during the war.
Said who?:rofl:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think it's a legitimate resistance, but I don't want that to necessarily be confused with any sort of endorsement of their goals / claims.

The leader has been quoted as saying that if it has majority support, Lebanon will become an Islamic state.
They seem to essentially use the word 'islamic' in the same sense as many western countries/organisations would envoke the word 'free' or 'democratic'.

Last edited:

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
dam10 said:
Said who?:rofl:
It's fairly well documented they put military targets next to UN buildings, inside civilian locations, etc.

dam10
are you the same dam10 as the guy on TWGF who doesn't believe that either Sunnis or Shiites are Muslims?
If so, you're a complete lunatic.

dam10

HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
It's fairly well documented they put military targets next to UN buildings, inside civilian locations, etc.

dam10
are you the same dam10 as the guy on TWGF who doesn't believe that either Sunnis or Shiites are Muslims?
If so, you're a complete lunatic.
I dont post on any other forum, However, i would love to meet him:rofl: :rofl:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There is evidence of that and it's deplorable, however I wonder where you would have liked their military targets to be? If I've got no/relatively no air defense capabilities and I'm going up against an airforce which is arguably stronger than any in western europe, how do I defend myself? Should Hezbollah have all their military targets out in the open for israel to bomb, thus defeating the purpose of their insurection?

While I hate the idea of using civilians as a part of a military strategy, however desperate your odds may be, can you not see how they may justify such tactics?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You can only justify such tactics if you prioritise the destruction of Israel over the preservation of Lebanese lives.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You can only justify such tactics if you prioritise the destruction of Israel over the preservation of Lebanese lives.
What about prioritising the freedom/safety of lebanese over the preservation of lebanese lives, in the event that israel decides to retaliate with such incredible force?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
dam10 said:
It still did not show a country called Palestine existed in hisotry nor, such people exist. It still did not show there was a palestinian King, nor palestinian people in history, it still did not show a palestinian country existed with well defined border. The British Palestine in 1920's include Israel and Jordan therefore your map are neither correct nor authentic.

Who was the last Palestinian King if there was a nation called Palestinian? Is there a language called Palestinian?

This arab Palestinian leader speak the truth

Zuhair Mohsen is widely known for having made the following statement in a March 1977 interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuhayr_Muhsin
No wonder when Israel was created Jordan claimed west bank , Egypt claimed Gaza, Syria claimed northern israel and so on.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There is evidence of that and it's deplorable, however I wonder where you would have liked their military targets to be? If I've got no/relatively no air defense capabilities and I'm going up against an airforce which is arguably stronger than any in western europe, how do I defend myself? Should Hezbollah have all their military targets out in the open for israel to bomb, thus defeating the purpose of their insurection?

While I hate the idea of using civilians as a part of a military strategy, however desperate your odds may be, can you not see how they may justify such tactics?
As NTB they dont have anywhere else to go, Its not like they have open space where they could have attacked from - nearly all locations have civilians.

Whats in question here is Israel method in the war right? Considering they used cluster bombs, targeted UN building and had a lot of 'accidents', all humanitarian groups were against them and the UN declared Israel methods were inhumane.

For Hezbollah - I mean they launched a few rockets into ISrael that happeneed to hit a few buildings and how many casualties did Israel suffer? very few hardly any.

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
As NTB they dont have anywhere else to go, Its not like they have open space where they could have attacked from - nearly all locations have civilians.

Whats in question here is Israel method in the war right? Considering they used cluster bombs, targeted UN building and had a lot of 'accidents', all humanitarian groups were against them and the UN declared Israel methods were inhumane.

For Hezbollah - I mean they launched a few rockets into ISrael that happeneed to hit a few buildings and how many casualties did Israel suffer? very few hardly any.
"a few"? It was in the thousands

nathan71088

HSC
HotShot said:

"all humanitarian groups were against them and the UN declared Israel methods were inhumane." sure, because of this that definately means they were wrong, I mean, it's the UN. Come on, how could anyone be so stupid to disagree with the UN.

"very few hardly any." Yep, this definately justifies the rockets to me.... And these rockets, were they aimed at the military? I know you're then going to tell me that Israel, on the other hand, destroyed civillian's and massacred innocent people while claiming to be removing Hezbollah militants. But, I already know this because clearly, while rockets rained down on Israel, Israel CLEARLY had better things to do than save it's people, like being bent on the mass killing and destruction of civillians, instead of stopping the rockets from being fired.

The country that fought for two captured soldiers would rather bother about with anything but the safety of it's civillians...?!?!?! Get real

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
nathan71088 said:
But, I already know this because clearly, while rockets rained down on Israel, Israel had better things to do like being bent on the mass killing and destruction of civillians, instead of stopping the rockets from being fired.
Israel did all it could to stop the missiles being fired. The fact that Hezbollah mostly fired rockets during the day using hundreds of portable lauchers, made this task very difficult. Hezbollah is partly responsible for the deaths of many Lebanese civilians because they fired their rockets from civilian areas, so they could win the public relations war and cause the international community to pressure Israel.

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Defence Minister Amir Peretz have seen their approval ratings plumet because they failed to win the war and stop the missiles landing in Israeli towns and cities. If they could have stopped the missiles falling into Israel, they would have.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, the Netherlands and Israel consider Hezbollah, or its external security arm, a terrorist organization.

That's enough for me. :)

dam10

HSC
ZabZu said:
Israel did all it could to stop the missiles being fired. The fact that Hezbollah mostly fired rockets during the day using hundreds of portable lauchers, made this task very difficult. Hezbollah is partly responsible for the deaths of many Lebanese civilians because they fired their rockets from civilian areas, so they could win the public relations war and cause the international community to pressure Israel.

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Defence Minister Amir Peretz have seen their approval ratings plumet because they failed to win the war and stop the missiles landing in Israeli towns and cities. If they could have stopped the missiles falling into Israel, they would have.
Yet after the war, 22 September 2006, Over 1.5 million people from all across Lebanon celebrate a "divine victory" and show their support for this "terrorist organisation" who was using them as human shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)