What do you do in Engineering Studies? (1 Viewer)

alan7948

HSC
Title says it all i just wanted to see if i should do engineering or legal

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I was considering Engineering Studies and still am. The engineering course... as I've seen in the exam and my selection booklet it a very broad basis. It focuses alot on mechanical work, bio-engineering and electrical things. I am interested in Civil Enginerring.... which there is not much about in the course.....
Sure there are the basic things but not much in detail unless ur interested in the sub-groups of engineering I listed.

If you are aiming to study engineering at uni the engineering course would be a clear advantage for some (once again depends on what field of engineering you're going into) but Physics would be more helpful and is usually a Prerequisite/Assumed Knowledge

HSC
i heard that engineering studies is heavily theory based so university prof. were really anoyed about the lack of practical experience which prompted my school to introduce an engineering course for year 9..

i stand corrected though but ive heard that it really is heavily theory based.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I am only basing my choice between Physics and Engineering Studies off the exam and what my school teacher has said. They would much rather me do Physics in his class.... because
I would get 1st (according to him)
I would enjoy it
It would suit me
Help me more in uni

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
Engineering Studies is a good subject to study if you are interested in doing engineering (any field) in university/tafe. It really gives you a taste of what to expect in studying engineering.

I did Eng St in HSC and continued to graduate Engineering in Uni. It was a good subject to study cause i was covering the same things in uni in the first two years.

YOU WILL NEED PHYSICS AND MATHS (EXT 1) TO DO ENGINEERING WELL. If you dont do these subjects in high school, you will want to do the bridging course for it.

dir3

HSC
civil engineering takes up a fair amount of the course ( in yr 12 ur first topic is civil structures) so maybe u should read an engineering studies text book, its alot of material science, mechanics and overlaps with physics in many ways although they do somethings differently

shell.q

HSC
I would say do it =] only becuase its me
It is a hard subject but not a lot of work demanding. As said you need to be quite good at maths, eg if u do it u would be better off doing at least adv maths.
it involves quite a bit of physics aswell.

But dont be scared about saying it is hard, rope learn all of the topics and you will be fine. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)