What do you do the day before an exam? (1 Viewer)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
im trying to adapt my aos to past hsc questions, doing section 1 of past papers and memorising my creative.

..and wasting time on bos

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
axlenatore said:
I study the night before, i pray, i wish i could either transport into the past to do more study to make up for my lack of study, or skip to the end of my last exam. Oh and get angry and throw stuff always a good option
More or less me in a nutshell =D

And my nan has completely lost her marbles, yet retained her drivers license. Now THAT is scary.

=|

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Depends on the person. I know I bludged thru every day prior to an exam; Notes do nothing for me at that point cos I'm a slow learner. Some might feel cramming is useful tho.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Depends on the person. I know I bludged thru every day prior to an exam; Notes do nothing for me at that point cos I'm a slow learner. Some might feel cramming is useful tho.

lol i like the bludging mainly because u got into something in unsw even tho u bluged makes me feel slightly better

HSC
Hollieee said:
My nan called last night to wish me goodluck.
So did mine. :)
It actually makes me feel bad, all these people wishing me well and telling me I'll do brilliantly. Because I know I won't. :(

mynameisemma

HSC
Yeah, I've had quite a few people wish me luck too.... It shouldn't make you feel bad though, remember they're doing it because they have confidence in you - use their well-wishing to make you have confidence in you!

Oh, and I've noticed a few people saying they're spending the day desperately memorising essays/stories - i don't want to freak you out, but my advice would be to go in with ideas and quotes memorised, rather than whole essays - it means you can easily adapt your knowledge to the specific question, and you won't freak out if what you've memorised doesn't fit. Plus you don't have to spend all day memorising something that long.

Good luck everyone, remember to just do some light revision, get a good night's sleep, and most of all, STAY CALM!

METALDANCERBRIT

HSC
well i am not realy doin much. except dancin :D coz its fun. complete waste of time but u no i figure thers not much point study nemore dnt hav any essays 2 memorise or stories coz id juz freak out if i culdnt remember the exact wording i had.
surprisingly i am extremely relaxed. nd excited at the thought of eatin subway 4 dinner....hehe
Btw i hate english! except 4 ext 2 coz thats done nd it was wateva i wanted 2 do.
I dnt need a UAI neway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lifes not always the party we hoped for but while we r here we should dance!"
  • Dance
  • Drama
  • Art
  • Music
  • Gen. Maths
  • 4unit English

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
ah the weirdest one was my aunty giving me a ring last night wishing me good luck- telling me about how she still has nightmares about the whole experience over 40 yrs later.....
im just trying to stay calm and go over my (probable not adequate) notes methodically and looking at alternate ways into uni if i flunk

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yeah my grandma gave me a note tellin me what to do in the first exam, like close my eyes and relax lol.
And my brainfood for tonight is pasta carbonara!! What is everyone else having?

HSC
lol my mind still hasn't come to grips with the fact that english is tomorrow..........
so i've still done not much study at all ^^

my brain food is whatever my mummy feeds me :p

HSC
ooooooooooooooh genetics and molecular biology....................
that's my second option ^_^

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE GENETICS!! :D

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
ooooooooooooooh genetics and molecular biology....................
that's my second option ^_^

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE GENETICS!! :D
where u getting the genetics and molecular biology from?????????????

anyway i am so bored and had it with trying to do stuff now i get back to it once both parents bak in house to have panic attacks at what looks like so little study

Starscream

HSC
syriangabsta said:
just have fun and take it easy.

dont study, but just read over ur notes, and maybe go over the things that are expected to come in the 2008 exams :) if you've worked well prior to the exam days, you should have no need to study or cram :)
I totally agree.. today i had a little sleep in and just steadily read over my notes took a relaxing break.. read a book, listened to music or go for a drive.. then read over again.. then read one final time before sleep.. then i do not touch my notes in the morning and go into the exam with a clear head.. if i cram the morning of an exam i forget quotes and stress.. i walk to school with my ipod in and dont take it out until i walk to the hall :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)