What do you guys take to uni? (1 Viewer)

SlimiJay

HSC
This is my 1st year at uni and so far all I've been taking to eat/drink is a bottle water and buying from uni. Food at uni is very expensive for me to actually maintain this routine, I spend around $30-$40 everyday (I start from 10 to 5 everyday). I was wondering what everyone takes to uni to eat or if anyone has any ideas on what to actually take?

Thank you in advance

Flop21

HSC
This is my 1st year at uni and so far all I've been taking to eat/drink is a bottle water and buying from uni. Food at uni is very expensive for me to actually maintain this routine, I spend around $30-$40 everyday (I start from 10 to 5 everyday). I was wondering what everyone takes to uni to eat or if anyone has any ideas on what to actually take?

Thank you in advance
wtf that's so much

All you need is lunch, which should be max $10. Subway is good for lunch, I think their 6 inch subs are like $5-something.

Bring snacks from home if you need them.

D94

HSC
N/A

Thank you in advance
I bet you didn't spend that much in high school. Even lunch/snacks from home wouldn't cost $150 per week.

What is the cost breakdown?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
wtf that's so much

All you need is lunch, which should be max $10. Subway is good for lunch, I think their 6 inch subs are like $5-something.

Bring snacks from home if you need them.
You can even get footlongs for like $7 at Subway.

Damn OP, spending so much. I just take bread everyday I'm at uni (usually make my timetable so that I'm back home for lunch though).

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

Thank you in advance
Just premake a meal on Sunday perhaps which you can freeze into portions / keep in the fridge, and then just bring it every day for the next week. No need to spend $40 on food each day lol

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Are you asking what to bring strictly food wise? Well first off find a cheaper place to buy lunch haha I'm assuming you're in the city so there should be plenty of places and I'm sure if you go to your uni's thread here there'd be info on that.

Try packing a premade sandwich or like leftovers or something, and pack a few muesli-type bar thingos to snack on.

astroman

HSC
Make your food at home. All of my uni days are less than 4 hours so sometimes I just don't even bother taking anything.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
$40 niqqa damm

you going fine dining every day lol

if you go to unsw, quad kebab or salad is like $12 and then afternoon snack something from IGA or going out in the city like pepper lunch would be $15

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Thank you in advance
My bf spends this much too, but on 2 people, how much do u eat bruh?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
checked my bank statement

literally 9/10 of my transactions are food the rest are either paycheck or petrol :c

Mr_Kap

HSC
Sometimes i bring a bar, and a can of tuna, but sometimes nothing because I'm rushing in the morning.

Sometimes i buy shit but not many times.

A lot of the time i don't eat at uni at all. even if i'm from 9-6

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I make my own lunch at home (shredding :p) and take it to uni except for the days where I have early class and EC activites, but the food around my uni is pretty cheap, you could easily spend less than 10 dollars on a good meal.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
in terms of water, from woolies you can get 70c 1.5L.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Sometimes i bring a bar, and a can of tuna, but sometimes nothing because I'm rushing in the morning.

Sometimes i buy shit but not many times.

A lot of the time i don't eat at uni at all. even if i'm from 9-6
This also probably isn't healthy because your blood sugar level would be going waaayyyyyyy down by the end of the day, and that leads to lower concentration and often poorer processing/memory retention.

When I was first year I would usually take muesli + youghurt in a container to eat on the way to uni, then an apple or banana for a mid-morning snack, a solid lunch (eg couscous w/ meat + veggies, wrap with salad and meat, leftovers from dinner, tuna w/ rice and veggies, etc), a handful of nuts and dried fruit as an arvo snack. Food and food containers probs takes up the most room in my bag tbh.

Now I work/study at the uni and keep muesli/milk at work and bring delicious leftovers to microwave most days because fridge.

enoilgam

HSC
This also probably isn't healthy because your blood sugar level would be going waaayyyyyyy down by the end of the day, and that leads to lower concentration and often poorer processing/memory retention.

When I was first year I would usually take muesli + youghurt in a container to eat on the way to uni, then an apple or banana for a mid-morning snack, a solid lunch (eg couscous w/ meat + veggies, wrap with salad and meat, leftovers from dinner, tuna w/ rice and veggies, etc), a handful of nuts and dried fruit as an arvo snack. Food and food containers probs takes up the most room in my bag tbh.

Now I work/study at the uni and keep muesli/milk at work and bring delicious leftovers to microwave most days because fridge.
That's the best 1st year diet Ive seen seriously. My diet then (and now) mainly consisted of meat, more meat and carbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)