What do you kids think, it's the start of my English speech. Due 1 week. (1 Viewer)

jayaJURASSIC

HSC
Good morning Teachers, I stand before you a proof of human kinds need and dependency on belonging, if I had ignored my need to belong, I would not have written this speech and I would not be at school, I am the creation of something more than my own choices.
My personal thesis I have come to realize is that belonging is something much bigger than the conscious act we play to belong, that sometimes Belonging is something we can have no control over. Humans have always struggled with the issue of belonging, and I believe in the Human races early stages Belonging was a necessity and in certain places if you didn’t belong it could be punishable by death, nowadays a a larger sense of acceptance has been spread through-out the globe and we now have Belonging more in our control, Shakespeare once said - "Some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them" I believe the word Belonging to be very akin to Greatness in this statement, so much to the point I can say - "Some men are born belonging, some achieve belonging, and some have belonging thrust upon them"
The very same can yet again be applied to non-belonging.

The idea of belong thrust upon us is explored through-out all of Peter Skrzynecki’s Poems, most prominently, his poem “Post card”.
The structure of this poem is built around what I believe is; Peter Skrzynecki’s guilt of not feeling any obligation or attachment to the foreign place he has heard so much of by his parents. Parents always play a huge role in our sense of belonging just as they do in our sense of right and wrong, just as seen here and in all of Peter Skrzynecki’s poems. Projected in “Post Card” the poet feels a synthetic attachment to his birthplace but his thoughts and feelings reflect otherwise. The poet is meant to be proud of where his is born although he does not remember it, He states in stanza two; “You survived in the minds of a dying generation half a world away” this being his painful reflection of an image of Warsaw Poland which is by his Parents being almost forcedly intrinsic upon Peter Skrzynecki. This is reinforced in a corresponding verse track which sublimates the imagery used in the previous quote and projects into medium the influence and role of Parents in creating a perspective on belonging and its counterparts. “My father will be proud of your domes and towers, my mother will speak of her beloved Ukraine” Skrzynecki’s reflects in all his poems his attachment to his parents whom he is fond of but often feels disconnected from. And beyond his control occurs a slow transcendence that links each of his poems together as he leaves his parents and the country they seem so bonded to.

Skrzynecki here is acknowledging his obligation to Warsaw, recognized through the stanza track; “I can give you the recognition of eyesight and praise, what more do you want besides the gift of despair” he chooses these words very carefully, to impose his sub-conscious loathing for his birthplace that he is indebted to love forever.

ANY THOUGHTTS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)