What do you love most about Uni? (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
morganforrest said:
I like the people who were absolute wankers in high school now thinking they can have a second chance at being cool
not really, Uni people act like fkn 2 year olds from what I see

its as if they think they live in a TV show or something, so fkn superficial

and funny thing is that what you call the supposedly "cool" people in high school are the ones that actually act normal nowadays

more like most people at uni's just 6 years behind in trying to have a "chance at being cool"

Oh, and I don't go to uni but the only reason I would is the limitless no. of HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT girls

antisheep

HSC
cbadvanced said:

and funny thing is that what you call the supposedly "cool" people in high school are the ones that actually act normal nowadays

more like most people at uni's just 6 years behind in trying to have a "chance at being cool"

Oh, and I don't go to uni but the only reason I would is the limitless no. of HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT girls
if you've never been how do you know that the people are superficial? But btw you're totally right. Quite obviously every person who has ever gone to uni has the exact same personality as all the other mindless drones... it's not like some people at uni are decent or anything.

Che08

HSC
clothing.. foxtel.. and the fact that most people that go actually want to be there (me included.)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
cbadvanced said:

Someone's bitter they missed out on uni.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Che08 said:
clothing.. foxtel.. and the fact that most people that go actually want to be there (me included.)
false!

half the first years are only there because they didn't know what else to do with their lives :rolleyes:

EDIT: and half the rest still haven't worked it out :eek:

danielvh

HSC
I'm really loving uni at the moment:

- Having friends around constantly (most of my friends go to my uni and also have met a lot of new people who I now hang out with a lot)
- Learning new things in areas of study that I'm truly passionate about (economics and management. Also learning finance but not so passionate about that)
- Being around other intelligent people. This could be a lot better (there are a lot of people at uni who don't even really want to be there or who just don't try) but it's still better than school ever was. Also, commerce/economics at UWA doesn't attract the highest calibre students generally.
- Flexible timetable.

Che08

HSC
yeah but i meant the people that actually go.. you know actually turn up to lectures!
And its different then school in the way that your doing something you chose (ie. you want to lead to a career) .. i know you choose subjects for yrs 11 & 12 but its not the same.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
don't have to turn up and can get pisssed instead

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I love the way the mosquitoes monster you the moment you leave a building.
I love that it takes between 40 minutes and 2 hours to park.
I love that I get no days off, but have five hour breaks in the middle of the day during which I can't go and earn money.
I um love the HUBS um lecturer. She's um... amazing and um talented and enthusiastic um and um inspiring.
I love the student who sits down the front during PSYC lectures (>500 people) and asks inappropriate questions, laughs like a machine gun on depressants every time the lecturer says something not that funny, and tries to make conversation/ develop a relationship with the lecturer when we just want to get on with it so we can go home.

But actually, Uni's a bit more excellent than school.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Interesting subjects, interesting people, lots of things to do on campus, you don't have to turn up, parties :)

jannny

HSC
I love the freedom. I know its only the first week but I get the feeling that it's going to be hard finding "real close friends" if you know what I mean. I go to a lecture, speak to the person next to me and after that I never see them again. Everyone's busy doing their own thing.

Probably best way to make friends is really in clubs and societies

lol I answered my own dilemma, its getting late got 10 am lecture tomrw

HSC
- the social life

- i have nothing befoe 11am... ever.

- there is always someone awake on campus.

- im able to run around in the middle of the night and just climb in my friends cottage windows and they'll be awake and up for a chat... even at 3am!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)