What do you think is the worst features of your university? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
jellybeenz said:
The walk (or should I say run) from Carslaw to Wallace (and vice versa) that I have to make twice a week in the space of approximately 7 minutes.... yeah I know someone else will complain about something else thats a million times worse than my complaint... so sorry in advance but that is my biggest complaint about my uni at the moment...
Wallace to Mech Eng.

I win :)

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
newy uni: the plethora of mosquitoes.

and natstar, u got it fine. paid parkin 4 us at cheapest is $120 4 the yr

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
beccaxx said:
and natstar, u got it fine. paid parkin 4 us at cheapest is $120 4 the yr
whoa, and i thought ours was bad...

i do have to say uws parking is a big issue. so much freakin land surrounding the campus, and they can't even create more parking lots. coming in to midday its impossible to find parking >.<

S

Shuter

LazyBoy said:
come to unviersity of sydney some time shuter. I get plenty fresh air and im an asthmatic.

Personally i think its really shit for people at UWS and UTS who have to go to different campus's for different subjects. Thats an incredibly flawed plan, but yeah luckily most people at my uni dont have to do that. I know a mate of mine at UTS hates ahving to go to different campus's.
No I just mean Sydney air in general, I'm from the mountains I'm not used to it.

It's seperate campuses only for science though isn't it? I've never had to leave broadway.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The air in the Blue Mountains is so nice compared to the city! Actually even just living in the western suburbs of Sydney, you can notice a different.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
at acu i guess
- the proportion of chicks to guys is like 3:1
- not many degrees offered so if you get the chance to choose electives they are quite limited
- no bar

then again we have plenty of parking on campus and within a 5 minute walk on the streets around which we dont have to pay for.. and it takes like 2 minutes to get from one side of the campus to the other so i guess its alright

Lainee

HSC
Mmmm... I don't have any huge complaints about USyd yet, just a few little annoyances. Like the air-conditioning in my law seminar room. There's only two options: really hot and stuffy with it off, or freeze your arse off with it on. Been getting fluey because of it.

And probably the walk/jog from one class to another. It's probably the only exercise I get all week, so that's the plus side :p ...but I turn up to classes all sticky and red in the face looking like I just ran a marathon. :rolleyes:

LazyBoy

HSC
Shuter said:
No I just mean Sydney air in general, I'm from the mountains I'm not used to it.

It's seperate campuses only for science though isn't it? I've never had to leave broadway.
I think its separate campus of Med Science. everything else is on the main campus.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jasee said:
The air in the Blue Mountains is so nice compared to the city! Actually even just living in the western suburbs of Sydney, you can notice a different.
Sydney is Sydney. It all stinks. :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Lack of windows in humanities building..... the union centre being fairly skanky (thank god for the loft!).... bad temperature control in bon marche and university hall.... some of the lefties are scary.

Other than that it is all good.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Oh I love The Loft! And yes, University Hall is either a freezer or hot :p

wind

HSC
Minai said:
UNSW...the trek from lower to upper campus, and student politicians.
Ah huh!!

I hate the stairs in between lower and upper campus! Legs are burning if I'm carrying a heavy bag and running because I have consecutive classes from lower to upper campus.

Get into class sweaty lol.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
natstar said:
Is UTS like one big uni inside a building?
Thats what i used to think lol. That big brown chocolate jenga tower :D

Since having friends going there, I learnt that it's actually a series of buildings for different faculties and disciplines. it extends from broadway to haymarket and st leonards i think...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The only thing that comes to mind for me is the mosquito's. Yes, gorgeous bushland campus, but a mosquito infestation that results in everyone walking around stinking of good ol tropical strength. If it wasn't for the arts greenies, they'd dust the entire uni. But no, they would prefer the spread of malaria and ross river virus, and god only knows what else.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
For newcastle, the mozzie's and the lack of adequate parking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)