What do you think of Indonesian Drug Laws? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

coreyjk said:
dear lawforever

i must say, you are insane. could you please explain why life imprisonment is not as effective in dettering drug crimes
1. There's more chances of appeal / escape / termination of sentence,
2. It's more frightening,
3. Some people may have given up on a non-criminal life (although obviously not life, or they would be dead already), etc etc.

googooloo

HSC
At the moment it seems like indonesia is bad, well bali anyways, becuase of all the australians getting busted by the police due to a drugs crack down. Aussies go there to do drugs. It is wrong, I mean i heard the model turned to silam 1 yr ago, but they makeit seem like it was yesterday.

Genesys

HSC
Strict laws generally work...however they should be relative. It's not fair for a muderer to get three years when someone who was carrying drugs gets 25 to life. Still, if you go to a country you should be aware of the laws, particularly after all the media coverage on the Bali laws, which aren't likely to change anytime soon

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Genesys said:
Strict laws generally work...however they should be relative. It's not fair for a muderer to get three years when someone who was carrying drugs gets 25 to life. Still, if you go to a country you should be aware of the laws, particularly after all the media coverage on the Bali laws, which aren't likely to change anytime soon
i think its fair
if ur a drug dealer ur a murderer

K

katie_tully

I see nothing wrong with Asian drug laws. They have a tougher stance than us, which may be why people disagree with it. That is fine if you disagree with the laws. However I feel no sympathy for people such as Michelle Leslie or the other girl. People know the laws, especially in light of the Bali 9 and others. There is no excuse for trading in, or smuggling drugs in to or out of Indonesia.

K

katie_tully

soha said:
i think its fair
if ur a drug dealer ur a murderer
Generally murderers are premeditated and calculated. Dealing in drugs does not necessarily mean you want the out come to result in death. However I can see which angle you are coming from - people who deal another person drugs, and that person then overdoses - are ultimately responsible in some way for that persons death.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Murderers may destroy one life, or two, but drugs dealers on the other hand cause the continual degradation and deterioration of many lives, either for their own addiction or for money.

K

katie_tully

True, but the dealer is just as bad as the abuser, or the client. It's a cycle, they're dependant on each other. Personally I don't have a lot of sympathy for either - but I do feel sorry for the family members.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why is everyone keen to forget that the laws, as they stand, leave potential for non-drug smugglers to be convicted as drug smugglers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)