• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

What do you think you got raw (1 Viewer)

Nunz23

New Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
2
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Hoping for 89 - 95 but in reality prob bout 80 - 85. could possibly be higher to a fortunate turn of events thou.
 

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
1,891
Location
Port Macquarie / Canberra
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Thunderbolt said:
Get stuffed. lol

I'll agree with the code formatting though. <sheep>Baaaad boy.</sheep> :D

Learning PHP and know a bit of Delphi (Object Pascal), and I still think Delphi is far superior to that of PHP... It's like comparing apples to oranges. PHP is web oriented and a scripting language; Object Pascal, however, is a client-side and natively compilable language.
PASCAL SUCKS!

The age of compilable-is-better is coming to an end very very quickly. The age of client-side is also coming to an end, which is both good and bad.

I code in Python, which is extremely high level and ideal for both server and client applications.

PHP is alright, but it's a very messy language. Functions are thrown in with no namespace where they could be better implemented as a function, e.g.
Code:
mysql_query($db_link, "INSERT my_query_here");
instead of

Code:
$db_link.query("INSERT my_query_here");
which is more logical and OOP.

I just contradicted the hell out of myself, didn't I. Oh well. Mr. Starcraftmazter seems like an interesting guy to pick a fight with... I mean talk to. :D
He is, I assure you.

To stay on topic, I'll give myself ~75-80 tops.

Though Delphi for PHP is an interesting combination. :)
We need some official SDD students off-topic thread to talk about code :)
 

nealos

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
64
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Starcraftmazter said:
You forgot the dollarsigns. Any language not using dollarsigns, is a language not worth knowing following. Also, my name should be in either double or single quotes.

You also didn't indent - shame on you!
And commands in CAPS? Come on, this ain't 1980 anymore.
if this starcraft boaster .. what ever his real name may be doesnt get state ranking then his a fag that .. either puts false hope in himself to put down others or is a retard that cant write down shit properly..


gud luck for your furture... spastic
 
Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
42
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
nealos said:
if this starcraft boaster .. what ever his real name may be doesnt get state ranking then his a fag that .. either puts false hope in himself to put down others or is a retard that cant write down shit properly..


gud luck for your furture... spastic
I can say the same to you. Learn to type properly.
Enough said.

PASCAL SUCKS!
Oh it's on now, bitch. :D

He is, I assure you.
Looking forward to it. :)

We need some official SDD students off-topic thread to talk about code
Nothing stopping us from creating one (or a forum) eh? I've got a website that's seldom used.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
842
Location
Sydney, NSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Thunderbolt said:
I still think Delphi is far superior to that of PHP... It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Yep, got that right! (Apples and Oranges).

ballistix said:
You're an idiot.

Learn a language that is processor dependant
Oxymoron of the century!!!

Of course, I'm sure every programmers wants to learn a language which will only be useful on one processor. Because god damn, that's the way to make portable and popular software!

ajdlinux said:
which is more logical and OOP.
What's stopping you from making your own OOP class? With mine, all you do is,

Code:
$db->query ("INSERT INTO students (name, subject, score) VALUES ('Starcraftmazter', 'SDD', '100%');");
:p

ajdlinux said:
We need some official SDD students off-topic thread to talk about code :)
What in the hell is wrong with Liway? We already have me, you and Daniel there :D

Thunderbolt said:
Nothing stopping us from creating one (or a forum) eh? I've got a website that's seldom used.
http://forums.liway.com/

Best technology and programming forum in the world :D
 

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
1,891
Location
Port Macquarie / Canberra
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Starcraftmazter said:
Yep, got that right! (Apples and Oranges).
Yes, Pascal is a crap language, and PHP is a half-decent language.

Oxymoron of the century!!!

Of course, I'm sure every programmers wants to learn a language which will only be useful on one processor. Because god damn, that's the way to make portable and popular software!
Perhaps he was referring to languages compiled to machine code, but there should be very little in any language that's actually processor dependent, most of that should be in libraries.

What's stopping you from making your own OOP class? With mine, all you do is,

Code:
$db->query ("INSERT INTO students (name, subject, score) VALUES ('Starcraftmazter', 'SDD', '100%');");
:p
Um, I have to go and make it? It doesn't fix the fundamental problem - a language like PHP feels like it's designed for imperative rather than OO programming.

What in the hell is wrong with Liway? We already have me, you and Daniel there :D



http://forums.liway.com/

Best technology and programming forum in the world :D
1. There's no separate section for talking about programming in particular
2. It's crashy!
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
842
Location
Sydney, NSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
ajdlinux said:
Perhaps he was referring to languages compiled to machine code, but there should be very little in any language that's actually processor dependent, most of that should be in libraries.
Lol if he was, then he's an idiot, because EVERY language is compiled to machine code, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to run it.

ajdlinux said:
Um, I have to go and make it? It doesn't fix the fundamental problem - a language like PHP feels like it's designed for imperative rather than OO programming.
Well if you're a lazy arse than you can use the MySQLi class :D
PHP5 is made for OOP man, trust me - it has infinite improvements over PHP4, and is just as strong as any other language.

ajdlinux said:
1. There's no separate section for talking about programming in particular
2. It's crashy!
The coding section? And the only thing that's crashing, is your point balance :p
 

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
1,891
Location
Port Macquarie / Canberra
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Starcraftmazter said:
Lol if he was, then he's an idiot, because EVERY language is compiled to machine code, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to run it.
Except PHP is interpreted, not compiled. You're the idiot here :p

Well if you're a lazy arse than you can use the MySQLi class :D
PHP5 is made for OOP man, trust me - it has infinite improvements over PHP4, and is just as strong as any other language.
I've heard that, but I must say PHP4 is much more imperative than OO. They also need to remove the integrate-with-HTML 'feature'.

The coding section? And the only thing that's crashing, is your point balance :p
Except that's the webmasters coding section. Not the general programming section ;)
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
842
Location
Sydney, NSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
ajdlinux said:
Except PHP is interpreted, not compiled. You're the idiot here :p
Except interpreted languages also get compiled (line by line), otherwise, like I stated previously, it would be impossible to execute them.

Looks like you're a double idiot.

ajdlinux said:
I've heard that, but I must say PHP4 is much more imperative than OO. They also need to remove the integrate-with-HTML 'feature'.
Screw PHP4, it's not even supported anymore. And whats this "integrate-with-HTML 'feature'" ?

ajdlinux said:
Except that's the webmasters coding section. Not the general programming section ;)
Ahh, but the Webmasters is simply a category, it's not an actual requirement for the forum.
 

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
1,891
Location
Port Macquarie / Canberra
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Starcraftmazter said:
Except interpreted languages also get compiled (line by line), otherwise, like I stated previously, it would be impossible to execute them.

Looks like you're a double idiot.
Except the process of an interpreter executing a line of code is called 'execution', while compilation is the translation of source code into object code.

Interpretation: read line of code, analyse line of code, call functions in a compiled language to execute the line of code.

Compilation: read line of code, analyse line of code, analyse the whole program, convert it into machine code, arrange that machine code in the optimal way, write out to storage somewhere and don't execute.

Screw PHP4, it's not even supported anymore. And whats this "integrate-with-HTML 'feature'" ?
<html>
<head>
<title><?php

require_once("config.inc.php");
$db = mysql_connect( blah blah blah );
etc etc etc

?>
</title>
etc. etc. etc.

Not very good, makes it quite messy.

Ahh, but the Webmasters is simply a category, it's not an actual requirement for the forum.
Rename it then :)
 

aeiss

Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
45
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Welcome kids, to the internet.

I don't rate myself a chance against these guys ._.
Hopefully raw 90+.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top