• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do you want to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
A gender catagory for the space under the av so people (namely me :rolleyes: ) can stop being so mixed up about whether someone is a guy or girl. Not an earth shattering request but it seems logical to me :p

T

timbk2

Originally posted by freaking_out
i was just wondering- do ppl. actually donate money to BOS thru the paypal link?
Not yet. It's only been up for like 2 weeks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
can i ask what happens with running this site? do you have to pay to keep the site up? stuff like that.

hmm what do i want to see... i'll get back to you. the forums are great as they have all the short cuts - quick quote etc.

the main site could have more clearly marked papers - for example, in eng adv, one is called "detailed comparison" but people will not know of what. the site's papers are set out much better than before though.

^___^
HSC
i think this site and forum is almost close to "perfection"
it has everything a high school student wants from online help to study notes to past papers and even teachers...

but if theres things to add in, probably for the uni section..like all of us get together from differnt uni and make notes and see if it is relevant...

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by ...
but if theres things to add in, probably for the uni section..like all of us get together from differnt uni and make notes and see if it is relevant...
:uhhuh:......exactly!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i think this site and forum is almost close to "perfection"
it has everything a high school student wants from online help to study notes to past papers and even teachers...

yeah, so i guess the next step is to move into the uni. sector, and focus on that a bit more.

Originally posted by ...
i can find past papers from MQ..but i dunno about the copyrights or other stuff behind it
copyright- what copyright? :p ;)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by ...
i can find past papers from MQ..but i dunno about the copyrights or other stuff behind it
We dont want past papers, we want ANSWERS! :p :D

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lecturers don't like people smuggling out past papers since they repeat questions
but ours is on the web..cept they dun give out any solutions..

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ...
but ours is on the web..cept they dun give out any solutions..
we can make solutions.... and only some are one the web, ie past 2-3 years any more than that prolly have repeat questions

^___^
HSC
repeating questions are true

but the thing is, there are some units that didn't post past papers up..so its the lecturer's decision whether to post them up in the end..

T

timbk2

problem with uni's are... theres so many courses and subjects u'd have to 'try' cover.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, I don't think university notes are a good idea at this point. It's hard enough managing all the HSC courses, let alone every subject in every degree (or certificate, or diploma) program in every major tertiary institution. Sure, maybe for courses like Law (where it's all pretty much the same) but that wouldn't be fair on all the other uni students.

The gender option is good, but its unverifiable. Mark had trouble when he tried implementing it last year too...

Hmm... to be honest I can't think of anything at the moment either. Nothing you can do at least.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lecturers don't like people smuggling out past papers since they repeat questions
well all of our papers are put up on the library website- but they don't have solutions (well most of them don't)! :mad:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Geez.

HSC forum. Uni forum. Next a forum for every profession? Legal advice? Medical advice? Perform your own brain surgery forum?! Crazy!

I can see this turning into an organisation like the Stonecutters ("Freemasons") with our own secret hand-shakes, cronyism and what not. Fantastic!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
...I can see this turning into an organisation like the Stonecutters ("Freemasons") with our own secret hand-shakes, cronyism and what not. Fantastic!
LoL- but isn't it already a bit like that now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)