What do you wear to Uni? (1 Viewer)

vikraman

HSC
So guys/gals what do you wear to uni on a daily basis? Split your selections into warm weather (>24C) and cold weather (<23).

kjerste

HSC
Basically what omie said. Most of the time when I'm at uni, I'm on my arse so it doesn't matter what I wear on the bottom. Plus, there are so many people around, I've only been caught wearing the same stuff once.

williamc

HSC
Basically what omie said. Most of the time when I'm at uni, I'm on my arse so it doesn't matter what I wear on the bottom. Plus, there are so many people around, I've only been caught wearing the same stuff once.
lol omg

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Most Uni students tend to dress up casual for Uni. Making it clear now – CASUAL. Much like what you’d wear around the house when you’ve got close friends over – not what you’d wear “out” when it’s even a minorly special occasion. As most people our age live in jeans, guess what! Most Uni students live in jeans too. But it doesn’t really matter what you wear – we’re far too lazy to care. Personally, I wear jeans a lot but in the warmer months I’ll wear a skirt. I’ve seen a lot of girls in skirts, and even summer dresses – and honestly, it’s fine. You don’t have to go out and buy jeans if you’re not a jeans person – just wear what you would normally.

As for shoes, a lot of people wear thongs or sneakers. Comfort is the golden rule here as you’ll likely be doing a fair bit of walking to and from lectures/tutes (so for girls - flats are great! Boots are good in winter if they have a decent heel – ie not a stilletto). A lot of asian girls (myself excluded!) tend to wear heels as well, but… ouch? But whatever floats your boat - most people really don’t care what you wear. I really can’t stress this enough.

Actually, I'll rephrase that. People as a general rule are far more tolerant in University. If you want to dress up, fine. If you don't, fine. There aren't really any "rules", but for those who wanted to know what most people normally wear, it's outlined above. Don't stress over it that much because it's not worth it - when in doubt just wear what you'd normally wear out, ok?

HOW DO I DEAL WITH PEOPLE SEEING ME IN….*gasp*…THE SAME OUTFIT TWICE?
It happens. And then you get over it very, very quickly.
This

alekz

HSC
i wear my pjs around the house?
is this recommended?

HSC
Warm weather: mostly skirt, sometimes shorts but I save the short shorts for the weekend.
Cold weather: I love wearing a thick coat instead of layers and layers of thin clothing like some people. Plus a nice thick cashmere scarf which I borrow from my mum's closet.

Sandles are the best in summer. In winter I wear black flats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)