What do your teachers think of us??? (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by SkAnDi

Why?

It's such a great source of information.

It's a shame to be restricting resources from students.

Rather like people who hide library books so that other people can't find them.

*arches eyebrow*
hmmmm. don't joke about that...people in our school did that last year. the principal chucked a big cow at their grade...i wouldn't be surprised, though, if people are still doing it.......lame-o's
:rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by johnson

hmmmm. don't joke about that...people in our school did that last year. the principal chucked a big cow at their grade...i wouldn't be surprised, though, if people are still doing it.......lame-o's
:rolleyes:
I kinda do that
I've 'permanently' borrowed Excel books from the school library, until the end of the HSC

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

I kinda do that
I've 'permanently' borrowed Excel books from the school library, until the end of the HSC
Fuck people like you give me the shits!! :mad:
The library is there for ALL students not just one selfish prick. These sneaky little bastards who run around stealing resources meant for everyone need a good flogging.

What ever happened to old school ideals??

Maybe you should consider changing your name to "selfish"

Sarah J

HSC
good god man! calm down!

lol.

This site was given to us all on a newsletter for hsc resources, so they're pretty happy with it.

And on the library books thing: I've checked out a whole heap of text books to help me study. First in first served. people should just get in faster.

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
[B First in first served. people should just get in faster. [/B]
so YOU'RE the reason i can never find what i want!!!

na, i borrow books and i have intent to return them but i'm v. forgetfull.....
our school has put all the excel and so on on closed reserve..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lazy

Fuck people like you give me the shits!! :mad:
The library is there for ALL students not just one selfish prick. These sneaky little bastards who run around stealing resources meant for everyone need a good flogging.

What ever happened to old school ideals??

Maybe you should consider changing your name to "selfish"
before pressing the abuse button in your brain, how bout asking a little more background before u go mouthing off - no one really uses the library textbooks at my school that much, and they prefer either buying their own, or borrowing from their local library, thats why ive been smart, and snapped up what i can from my library, since no one uses it anyway, and i kno this because the librarian hasnt told me to return my books immediatley, which happens if ppl have requested to reserve the books
there are many, many other places to obtain resources other than your school library, and in the case of my school library - its grossly inadequate in terms of HSC resources, save for the 2 books ive found useful and have subsequently "kept" for the time being

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
I apologise if i went a bit over the top in my earlier post, but i still stand by my reasoning. Just because theres other options available to gain recources dosent mean you have the right to take books meant for everyone. At my school this is a huge problem, with thousands of dollars worth of books being stolen every year.

As for your "first in first served" philosophy sarah, im not even going to dignify that with a reply.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well if its a rampant problem at your school, I can understand your frustration...but I never implied that I was stealing these books, I would be forced to return them by the librarian if ppl request it

KitKat

My IPT teacher loves this site. She had our whole class printing off about 100 pages each of notes (had to get more toner but she didn't know how to change the cartridge and I ended up with toner on my jersey =S )

Sarah J

HSC
so YOU'RE the reason i can never find what i want!!!
lol girl! you own practically every textbook!

As for your "first in first served" philosophy sarah, im not even going to dignify that with a reply.
ok then.:D

Last edited:

lyntiernan

HSC
N/A
teachers feelings about this site

I had a look at this site because some of students were plagiarising essays from this site. I think the site is a great idea. Sharing and pooling resources is always smart. However, copying other peole's exact words is never a good idea. Apart from the legal question no one is doing themselves a favour by using somebody else's essay. It usually means you are really worried about the topic, are unsure of what the question expects from you and/or have no response of your own. Your teacher needs to know this or they can't help you. They are not psychic (despite the enduring idea that teachers can mark your homework by imagining what you might have written if you had handed it in ;) By handing in someone else's essay you are 'telling' your teacher that you understand and know what you are doing. You can't blame the teacher if they don't realise you need support. It also means you aren't developing the thinking and writing skills you need, not just for the HSC, but for any courses you do in the future. And if you plagiarise at Uni you will be hung, drawn and quartered, not just rapped over the knuckles. Despite this concern, and now that I know the site exists I am obviously going to check it more often, I think it has some very valuable and useful resources. In English you are taught to evaluate what you read, hear and view. Make sure you apply the same kinds of evaluation to the resources on this site. Good luck with the exams. English Teacher

fatmuscle

HSC
well, everyone in NSW should have this site.

it's in all the search engines
it's been sent to every single high school in NSW
it's got lots of links from various places
it's been advertised all over sydney (esp girl's schools)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)