• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What does your inner-child think of the HSC (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Whilst packing away some Legal books, I stumbled across one of my old travel diaries. When my family went to Vietnam I wrote in it so much, just to escape the disappointment of not going to Luxembourg. As I palmed through its yellowing pages I kept remembering how vivid my imagination used to be. I don't know if it was the heat, or the crazy market drugs, but for 30 minutes I imagined that I was a made of ice after I got bored during a lecture of the Viet Minh. Then, back at the hotel, I pretended to be a mini-bar in the prank of the century...scaring mum.

That boy was so lively, energetic. This hunk of robotic shit can only communicate in strings of terminology and quotes. Bah.

The HSC is a prison.

Has anyone else found their inner child recently?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Mine would be thinking it's a load of crap and a waste of time and would prefer to be at uni instead (that's correct, it would want to be at uni). Actually, we pretty much agree regarding the HSC.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Yes. Here, here for MY INNER CHILD. NOT "UR"s. MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! :mad:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Mine would be thinking it's a load of crap and a waste of time and would prefer to be at uni instead (that's correct, it would want to be at uni). Actually, we pretty much agree regarding the HSC.
Mine is in a similar headspace to slide rule's however it will also occasionally ask me why I'm not living on a tropical island pursuing a rock bass playing career and using the peace of mind that comes with the situation to develop a new philosophy.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that my inner child keeps bugging me to make sure that when I'm a millionaire, I buy a solar castle (a castle tiled with solar panels) and have my own private laboratory for testing my latest inventions.

My grown up child readily agrees to this, which is strange considering the whole 'millionaire' deal, but hey... that's neither here nor there.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
What is an inner child? Either way the HSC (or should I say LIFE in general) feels like a prison of sorts. My own "inner child" or "inner self" or whatever has been very disruptive the last few days and is constantly interupting on my attempted study regime- it comes in the form of music. I haven't mastered the art of controlling it (otherwise known as "organisation" or "self-discipline"). My inner child tells me to stop being such a massive HSC-trying-to-do-well SQUARE, and succumb to my deep desire to become a drifting, music-composing, Zappa, leeching bohemian*. I keep telling that bratty little child that he can come out of his room in 6 months. But if I don't feed him, he may well die. (excuse shite metaphor)

*not the shitty self-proclaiming "bohemian" that infests sydney cafes drinking the vile liquid known as coffee.

And before I get shot down by a barrage of accusations of "ANGST!" just shut up.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
fleepbasding said:
What is an inner child? Either way the HSC (or should I say LIFE in general) feels like a prison of sorts. My own "inner child" or "inner self" or whatever has been very disruptive the last few days and is constantly interupting on my attempted study regime- it comes in the form of music. I haven't mastered the art of controlling it (otherwise known as "organisation" or "self-discipline"). My inner child tells me to stop being such a massive HSC-trying-to-do-well SQUARE, and succumb to my deep desire to become a drifting, music-composing, Zappa, leeching bohemian*. I keep telling that bratty little child that he can come out of his room in 6 months. But if I don't feed him, he may well die. (excuse shite metaphor)

*not the shitty self-proclaiming "bohemian" that infests sydney cafes drinking the vile liquid known as coffee.

And before I get shot down by a barrage of accusations of "ANGST!" just shut up.
**Freedom of speech, brother.**

Whose the NSW minister for education? My inner child has a sudden temptation to put its imaginary foot 10 metres up that minister's all-too-real arse.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I believe that is Brandon Nelson. But it would be a good idea to tell it to place its imaginary foot up another's arse. Brandon is against the HSC.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I believe that is Brandon Nelson. But it would be a good idea to tell it to place its imaginary foot up another's arse. Brandon is against the HSC.
Brendan Nelson is the federal minister for education (+science and training), but the nsw minister is Carmel Tebbutt... ha... BUTT!

Merro

I don't live in Byron, but I live in one of the to
HSC
Zoltan said:
My inner child and my outer child both agree that the hsc sucks, end of story.
Inner/outer/inside/outside/welsh/polish/celtic/viking/other children of indiscriminate origin all agree as well. I really wish that I could write like I used to. Since I've been studying english, I realised how I can change to make it better and have more textual integrity, but that just isnt me.

Not only is it a prison, it kills your inner child. You can't function without the child, but you can't go far without the HSC. ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!

sob :'(

Merro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)