What electives is your school doing (1 Viewer)

What electives are you doing

• DSS

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • ATS

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • TPS

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Multimedia

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters

rx72c

So what electives is your school doing, my school did multimedia and TPS and that seems to be the main two topics most schools choose.
Just want to see what the drift is for the next set of IPT STUDENTS.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Pretty early to be asking, almost a year in advance for these students (Class of 2004).

But I would assume most do TPS and Multimedia as well, as did I.

:)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im an '03 girl too, we did multimedia and tps, so im guessing my teacher will do the same with the '04s

rx72c

You look more like an 93 girl hahaha, jkn.
Come on there are more than 3 people on this forum

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
You look more like an 93 girl hahaha, jkn.
:confused:

hipsta_jess meant class of 2003, '03.

I don't know what the 93 means.

rx72c

Well it looks like she finished in 1993, so she would 10 years older than she actually is.

*hopeful*

HSC
i did d same as rx72c
most skools tend 2 do dem 2 2getha. its not likely to get dss and m/media or wateva

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
omg, are you referring to the picture i have displayed? well i wish that were me..but sadly, no.
read my siggy, perhaps you will figure it out.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
omg, are you referring to the picture i have displayed? well i wish that were me..but sadly, no.
read my siggy, perhaps you will figure it out.
LOL!

I didn't know that's what rx72c was thinking, because I was confused when he said "Class of '93" - LOL :) :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
Im lost that siggy just confuses me.
Could you please spell it ouT hehe.
hipsta_jess = Class of 2003, (ex) Year 12 student.

She is not the girl in her avatar.

Looking at her signature, it says:
-Doctor Charlotte Beaumont, All Saints, Season 5, Ep 37
--look at my av if you dont know who this is (shame on you!)
Therefore, the girl in her avatar, is a Dr Beaumont from All Saints.

Let me reiterate it for you, and others.

hipsta_jess = An ordinary Year 12 student, just like you and I, who happens to like watching All Saints. In watching All Saints, one of her favourite characters, a Doctor Beaumont, has been used as hipsta_jess's avatar.

Dr Beaumont is a character. An actress, who plays Dr Beaumont, appears in hipsta_jess's avatar. (This is not hipsta_jess herself).

hipsta_jess is a school student, not an actress :)

Jait

HSC
N/A
The HSC Exam reports that the majority of students answered the Multimedia questions and then the TPS.

I suspect the following are the reasons for this:

TPS is the most boring of the topics but is popular because it does not require any practical skills to teach and is relatively easy. The syllabus is fairly concise on it and therefor it is easier to cover all the points.

Multimedia is the most interesting of the subjects which is why the vast majority of schools do it. However in my opinion it is the most difficult topic because it is very open in content and extremely difficult to predict what they will ask. Fortunately many students have a relatively strong background in this topic from everyday computer use.

The other two topics I feel are in the middle a bit more interesting than TPS and a bit harder. They also require more specific skills that many teachers will be weak in.

BTW if you read the 2002 exam report from the Board of Studies it seems pretty clear that the TPS students did quite well compared to the others. I think this is one reason why the option questions were all made into the same format in 2003. I think it will remain easier though because it is a very specific field that isnt too hard to learn.

C

CaR

Well...guess multimedia is by far the most popular among them all...=)

just out of curiosity, are we allowed to answer other options...even if our school did not choose that particulat option?

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yep you are,,,,but u must be prepared;)....like for my Physics options i did a different option...even before trials my teacher "resisted"that u cant do a different option....but i went and asked the curriculum pricipal...and i got the permission:D

C

CaR

*thinking..*
..should i study an extra topic for both physics & ipt JuST incase?? >.<"

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
lolz....if you can cope, sure do....well in my view its not quite possible or rather "feasible" as you could rather spend that time practising....if u do take another option, make sure that u can do it on ur own or u have some 1 to help u...my tutor helped me do a different option for physics Q2Q.....the best and most interesting option of all....my class did medical physics....which is extremely BORING!! thats why i chose to do Q2Q....while for IPT i wud recommend do Multimedia n TPS....the marks allocation of questions in option is the same....ie if one option Q parts are worth 3 ,3, 5, 8....other 3 options will also have the same sequence and type of questions...ie a particular type in 2003 paper was evaluating the Information Systems diagram which was asked in all options; just different Q themes relating to that particular option. So there isnt much point in doing another option ATLEAST IN IPT......its all computers...and each option just deals with a different type of system.....while for physics its totally different....Medical Physics deals with crap which u just memorise while Q2Q deals with more useful and understandable information! which can be logically understood, not memorised only!

Last edited:

xeriphic

just to contribute to the figures, our school chosen to do decision support systems and multimedia, seem like we know quite abit about each already

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
hmmm also TPS is quite understandable as it relates to (in a way) our dealings ==> Banks, libraries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)