What exactly is synthesising? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey ppl,

I just started yr 12 this term, and I've been gathering and preparing related material for physical journeys. However, I've seen a lot of people here mention the better responses synthesise all their texts? What does that mean? Is it like linking or something?

How do you do it? If someone could give me an example that would be great.

I was also wondering if we need to do this for all modules, or just AOS?

Thanks.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah linking
don't talk about one text and then randomly talk about another. it's good to talk about one text and then go "similarly blah text does the same" or "conversely, in blah text, it can be seen..."

for all modules and all essays, it's a way of getting the essay to flow.

good on you for starting collection early, it'll be a hell of a lot easier for when you get to exams and the hsc, rather than still looking for texts now like some people are

HSC
N/A
But that takes so much tiiiiiime.....

Gotta admit, I'm probably not doing anything other than elementary synthesising for my english essays, except for EE1. It's very difficult to synthesise extremely well unless you a) have memorised and essay that works, or b)know your texts inside-out and upside-down...

It's quite difficult to squish everything into an essay... to integrate, and risk skipping important stuff, or just chunk in, that is the question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)