What foods do you eat at school? (1 Viewer)

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi,

I've done the whole canteen thing at high school for over 3 years now, and I am sick of it! Waiting in line for second rate food is horrible, and now that I have a bad food allergy it really isn't an option anymore.

So I'm wondering, what sort of food do you take to school for lunch and recess? I like to eat a proper lunch and recess (and not 'snack'), and I would really appreciate hearing some of the types of food that you take to school.

Thanks,
Googled.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahahaha
OMGZ 3 YRS OF CUNTeeN FEWD IS ORRIBAL!!!!!!!!!!!

i took a sandwich, an apple, some sort of bar (for belting others) and snack stuff

imagine how much money you would've saved if you took your lunch instead of buying it

UGFighter

HSC
It depends on how I'm eating at the time, but if I'm eating properly:

A packet of pre-mixed & packed asian salad from Coles, about $4... I chop up some red onion, break up some feta cheese on top of it. Add a dressing of 2 parts olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar, 1 part freshly squeezed lime.

Then I'll chuck in some meat like beef, chicken, kangaroo... just get whatever's the cheapest/on special and buy enough for the week, usually bulk cook it on a Sunday for the week and put it in the fridge ready to go.

I'll also take some fruit and chuck in a couple of fish oil capsules for good measure.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
braad said:
hahahaha
OMGZ 3 YRS OF CUNTeeN FEWD IS ORRIBAL!!!!!!!!!!!

i took a sandwich, an apple, some sort of bar (for belting others) and snack stuff

imagine how much money you would've saved if you took your lunch instead of buying it
Lol, I know.

So what type of stuff do you put in the sandwich, I personally can't stand vegemite?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
googled said:
Lol, I know.

So what type of stuff do you put in the sandwich, I personally can't stand vegemite?
good, vegemite is gross

im a spreads man, and everything else (even salad)

whatever is on there will be eaten (minus vegemite)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
quiet you

just because we have taste buds doesnt mean we're not australian

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah at school i only ever bought food from the canteen, but most of my friends brought salads from home, bread rolls with stuff on them, fruit etc

W

whsmith

I fill an 2l icecream container with baby spinach leaves, cook up some meat [probably around ~200g], throw it in, Extra vegies such as mushroom, maybe some blueberries [They cost an arm + a leg], and pack 1 avocardo. And anything else on hand. Maybe nuts. Random thought - chickpeas arn't all bad either.

I slice the avocardo at lunch - they really done survive well oxodised.

Oh, The ice cream container was empty :D I dont eat that too... But i do eat alot of salad! Takes heaps to fill.

Good meal. I usually pack 2. One for lunch, and another for on the way home.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
because i got fairly hungry during the day towards the end of school (yr 11-12), i would take:
2 sambos - usually both meat (usually ham) & salad (lettuce, baby spinach, tomato, cheese, etc), or 1 with a spread (nutella, vegemite, peanut butter honey & bannana, etc)
muesli bar (sometimes)
fruit (banana, apple, nectarine, orange, kiwi, etc)
a couple of biscuits for on the way home (2 clingwrapped together)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
When I was in high school I would have for recess one apple/pear/something similar.
For lunch I'd eat two sandwiches. They would contain a slice of cheddar cheese, a thin slice of ham, crunchy lettuce, maybe tomato, maybe mayonnaise, maybe pickles, etc. Depends. Sometimes I'd eat one of the sandwiches and the apple at recess and one sandwich at lunch. I think through all of years 11 and 12 I went to the canteen once. It was too far away from the senior area and I was too lazy.

In uni, I have one apple and one sandwich. I can't eat two sandwiches anymore. I find them too filling. Sometimes I can't even eat the apple, and just eat the sandwich.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Canteen food around 2-3 times a week, fruit, sandwiches, museli bars, fruit juice.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I always used to take a sandwich, apple, packet of rice snacks or biscuits, and a muesli bar. That was my standard lunch.

CieL

HSC
damn.. i always used the canteen 5 days a week

and i used to bring some sort of bar (twist/nutrigrain/museli/etc) for break when i couldnt make it to the canteen ahahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)