What form are you all using?? (1 Viewer)

the note says scriptwriting for film and television - i'm wondering if it would be relevant at all for radio? so i'm not going to pay $38 just to find out... if he mentions radio when ur there... take extra special notes for me! ;)

swingin' n

Originally posted by snakeoils
swingin'n: are you planning on taking notes or anything, coz i'd be ETERNALLY grateful if you felt like sharing some of them with me... i wanted to go to that, but its just too far away for me!
sure, buddy- notes for all!

it doesn't really cost that much, compared to other places, and my teacher said it will be really good. (to be perfectly honest, my main concern was that it was in the hols ;)) he also said that not many ppl are going, esp in the field of script writing. i think there's only 2 ppl going from my school.

and i'm not doing film/television- i'm doing drama, so yeh, i think it covers radio as well..

Last edited:

Jacks

HSC
I'm doing a critical response...I'm going to keep my actual concept a secret though hehe...It addresses elements of duality and the temptation of evil...that's all I'm going to say ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
come on,
share it with us :)

we're not going to steal any ideas,
i think we're all set with our major works

im doing poetry :)

Jacks

HSC
oh alright then, you've convinced me. Though I didn't think anyone would steal my idea because let's face it if you don't have one yet stealing someone's idea isn't going to save you...hehe

I'm looking at the lord of the rings trilogy and the temptation of evil that the ring presents. I have all these other ideas so if it sounds really stupid I'm hoping it will come out alright in the end. Basically I'm looking at how the book can teach numerous profound lessons about the nature of humanity...because believe it or not there are some good ones. Anyways what do you think??

Huy

HSC
N/A
i know someone who's doing the same thing!!!
i'm NOT kidding you either!
he's doing a critical study of LOTR too,
(a hugeee fan)
he's looking at the lotr trilogy but i don't think he's doing the temptation of evil that the ring presents, but i know he's doing the whole lotr-analysis and study

you say you're doing the book?
i guess that's different, i *think* the guy i know is just doing the 3 movies, not the books, but i could be wrong.

so it wasn't a secret afterall hehe
this sort of thing is pretty popular nowadays i suppose

maybe i could get him to join in with this thread/section :)
but don't talk to me about lotr lol ... i've sat through the movie (part 1 twice, part 2 twice) and it was agonising
i don't really enjoy fantasy/lotr that much but it was one of those 'must see' films so i saw it for the sake of it :p

Last edited:

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i dont really get into fantasy either Huy, but i LOVED the LOTR books... so much better than the movie... basically they are some of the only fantasy i really like.

Jacks

HSC
Yeah I'm doing the books because using the 3 movies will be a little difficult considering the third isn't coming out until the end of the year after the major works are due :) but it's alright because there are so many different angles you can appreciate the work on so I'm not too distressed to learn that my idea isn't as original as I could have hoped hehe...I'm approaching it from an interesting and unique angle (or at least that's what I'm hoping)
I'm going to new zealand to see the third installment of the triology at the end of the year anyways so I'm pretty happy :D

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hehe, this is probably the last year anyone will be able to use lord of the rings... its going to be a prescribed text for extension 1 next year

swingin' n

Originally posted by Huy
he's doing a critical study of LOTR too,
(a hugeee fan)
but don't talk to me about lotr lol ... i've sat through the movie (part 1 twice, part 2 twice) and it was agonising
i don't really enjoy fantasy/lotr that much but it was one of those 'must see' films so i saw it for the sake of it :p
man, that's nothing! a friend of mine saw LOTR's at the movies a few (7!!) times, bought the dvd's the same night they were realeased, and has now seen them both so many times that he watches them in different languages just for fun. Now there's a fan. Still, he's a nice guy (when you can get him to talk about something OTHER than LOTR)

did you guys know that when tolkin wrote TLOR trilogy, he wasn't expecting it to be at all popular, let alone become a classic. He can't even understand why ppl like them so much- he only wrote them as a background to all the languages he invented (elven, dwarven etc.) because languages was his passion...
just another interesting & useless fact about the movie- every single person wears a wig!

mon_mon

HSC
anyone else doing "pathways" style HSC?

Is anyone else doing half their subjects for only a year, then the other half for the other year? because this means that i only have 6 months for my Extention 2 major. which is a film script. i was wondering if that happens anywhere else?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we have lots of people doing pathways, but none doing extension 2...

why would you only get 6 months? wouldnt you get an entire year?

mon_mon

HSC
Ok. the way "pathways" is done at our school, and the name may be irrelevant and unique, because our school is kinda hippy, but basically, we take half of our subjects in year 11, and do peliminary for 6 months and HSC for 6 months. then we do the other subjects in year 12 in the same fashion. Its good in some ways because you get to be more focused on some subjects, but because extention 2 is an HSC only subject, we only get 6 months to work on it. :(

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ah ok, i see now...

thats about unfair about extension 2... you should definitely get a whole year to work on it... but i spose you could do it in your spare time for an extra 6 months, even if its not officially counted as class time.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
we have about 3 periods a week for ext 2... basically every monday afternoon from 1:30-3:30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)