What gym/health club are you with? (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
I eventually want to get back into going to a gym and stuff, and want to know what the other gyms are like?

quik.

HSC
At Cumberland campus gym atm, but oh my, Exphate do most TAFE's have a gym?

Cos that price is phwoar.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Check out your Uni/TAFE gym [if you go?] - they are usually the best prices.

I am a member of the UNSW gym, and it is pretty decent. Remember... never pick a gym based on running/hamster machines... You can run anywhere. Your going for the resistance/items that you dont have access too - so pick it off the free-weights section, or machines, if your inclined to use them.

Another option is to buy your own gear. I have, i've got lots of stuff, and a lot of weight.

So i have both worlds, Uni gym, plus my own stuff. I picked to uni gym due to ease of use after class :D or mid/between.

Define what you want/need. Find a gym that provides it.

Typically... the bigger the brand of gym, the worse they are.

rozymisty

HSC
hm well basically I want to lose weight around my stomach, thighs, butt, and arms, and just improve my strength overall.

I used to be a member of Goodlife Health Clubs, but I found that getting 2 buses out to the gym and then back again just took a lot of motivation to get there, and so i just gave up and transferred the membership to another person who wanted it.

Im not sure if the uni gym would let me sign up for 1 semester, since thats all I have left at uni.

quik.

HSC
The only thing I dislike about my uni gym is that it's closed during uni holidays / exam periods. I wanna ask the dude for a key or something so I can come in holidays but I seriously doubt that ever happening haha :]

Edit:They should let you pay by semester, rozymisty.

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Exphate said:
Not with one yet, but next semester I'll probably join the TAFE gym near my uni. 85 bux for 6 monthes, training program included. Thus win.
uow gym is 55 for 6mths, 110 for a year - i'm joining when i get home :)

rozy: most would have options for 6mths as well as per year, otherwise they'd lose a lot of people who're there on exchanges or something

quik: not sure about other unis, but uow gym is open in the holidays and they only close if there's an exam held in the gym

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Exphate said:
Yeah well you have one key advantage...you go to the main campus :)
well i dont..yet. but they changed it after vsu came in, so its the same price for anyone to join (uow people & random members of the public)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
alby said:
uow gym is 55 for 6mths, 110 for a year - i'm joining when i get home :)

Is it a good gym though?

I go to fitness first, but i wanna find a better place.

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
rozymisty said:
I eventually want to get back into going to a gym and stuff, and want to know what the other gyms are like?
Sorry, lol if i knew any id say 'em but i dont go to a gym.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
fernando said:
Is it a good gym though?

I go to fitness first, but i wanna find a better place.
yeah it is, i've been there a few times. they've got your regular equipment, a pool and lots of different courts...i'm looking forward to trying out some of their classes when i get home

check out your local uni gym..they should give you a cheaper rate for your first time so you can try it out (uow did anyway)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I've had gym membership in quite a few places: UNSW gym, Definition, ISIS, Rileys and Stanhope... just yesterday I signed up for 12 months with fitness first at Norwest.... its one of the most impressive places I've been to yet!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i used to work in the creche in my local fitness first...i cant imagine using the gym there (though i could probably still go for free)

stargaze

HSC
Dash said:
I've had gym membership in quite a few places: UNSW gym, Definition, ISIS, Rileys and Stanhope... just yesterday I signed up for 12 months with fitness first at Norwest.... its one of the most impressive places I've been to yet!
How was Riley's?

Seems like a pretty 'hardcore' place.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Their weights equipment is quite diverse (thumbs up to that)... you get quite a lot of massive mofos going there. But the cardio equipment is lacking in my opinion... they have it all, but all of the machines are pretty old and unappealing. I wasn't too impressed and therefore not motivated... lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)