What happened in Economics? (1 Viewer)

Carl5

HSC
I keep seeing throughout the threads that people considered economics their strongest subject, yet were disappointed with their results. I was rather confident with economics but was disappointed. My friend was far stronger in economics than I was and got a lower mark.

Discuss?

loaves

HSC
Yeah, my eco exam mark was 8 below my school assessment mark. I knew that walking out of the exam though, because I was so unprepared and messed up both the essays. I think it was a pretty fair exam though.

michaeljennings

HSC
LOL yeah i was pretty annoyed with eco. I had a decent rank, but my assessment mark was 92. Last year the person with my rank at my school had an assessment mark of 95. I know my cohort was weaker than last years but i didnt think it would be that much weaker. And i also didnt perform that well for externals, I got 90 so my HSC mark was 91 which I thought was pretty disappointing at first but now I dont really care

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't think I would do as well as I did, but my exam mark was 3 higher than my assessment. And I came 10th internally.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Everyone from my school ended up being relatively dissapointed - i think the two teachers we hads marking criteria might have been weird. Some students walked out of the hsc really confident and had internal marks well into the 90s but ended up with mid band 5s.

Personally, im not sure what happened because i was ranked around 8/30-ish and walked out of that exam a bit dissapointed - it was my worst eco exam ever. Two essays i wrote were VERY basic and poorly written, multiple choice i would have done ok in but not great since they were hard, short answers surprised me a bit. Wouldn't have gone horrible, but it was my worst eco exam ever. I actually ended up getting 81 exam mark and it was higher than my internal = S, got 80 overall. I thought for sure my internal would pull me up but it was the other way around -.-, either way i thought i'd just miss out on a band 5 so while most my grade that did eco were shocked i was slightly pleased until talking to everyone else.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)