What happens if board of studies finds two similar english essays???? (1 Viewer)

Shadowless

HSC
I give my essays to a lot of people in my year coz I'm ranked high so I want to help those people out who are lower. My question is what if they copy stuff from my essay, will I be in shit as well??
i want to know this as well

Airstrike

HSC
Yeah what happens? but then when you answer the question, in the thesis, it is going to different

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Different schools different markers. The probability of getting caught is almost zero.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Different schools different markers. The probability of getting caught is almost zero.
Even then, if your marker got both essays, they probably wouldn't pick it up considering how many essay they would've marked.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
What I want to know is what happens if someone has plagiarized, using an essay someone else wrote ina previous years HSC exam, does the BOS have the ability to sniff those rats out?
Considering the question changes each year, this would be unwise and probably not get very good marks.

I give my essays to a lot of people in my year coz I'm ranked high so I want to help those people out who are lower. My question is what if they copy stuff from my essay, will I be in shit as well??
That's actually a good thing to do - for the hsc, you're basically performing for the school so helping out people ranked lower than you is going to help boost the school mark and thereby your own. You won't get in trouble because external marks read hsc papers and the ability to reproduce an essay exactly in exam conditions is actually pretty rare. Ie, there's likely to be enough differences that it won't really matter.

But this doesn't apply to uni because they have plagiarism detection software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)